COUNTER ATTACKING FOOTBALL

Guest prutts

Guest prutts

for me that system only works if you have really two good ball playing and defensive midfield 2 were missing that ingredient so the counter attacking football for me wont work if that's not sorted out.

yep, we needed that last night 

4-5-1  with 2 prutton/coke deep and mccabe 'feeding' the 2 wide men and striker

obviously we need a yaya toure type to fill the box to box roll as we currently don't have a quality one

Edited by brian joicey

yep, we needed that last night 

4-5-1  with 2 prutton/coke deep and mccabe 'feeding' the 2 wide men and striker

obviously we need a yaya toure type to fill the box to box roll as we currently don't have a quality one

Stifle McCabe and we are fooked.

I wonder how long it will take for our plan to be rumbled....

Guest wilyfox

Not a huge fan of counter attacking football myself. Pace is a real asset - in the right areas. Bursting into the opposition penalty area is a threat; charging over the halfway line still leaves you with an awful lot to do. It also means you have to soak up a lot of pressure before you can hit back - which we often succumb to. Plus, it's energy sapping. Charging end to end is very hard to do effectively for 90mins game after game. We really do need to keep the ball better and use the pace of JJ, Antonio, Helan & Maghoma in the appropriate way.

DJ will probably wait it out until the prem teams sort their players out and test the loan market. Think we're getting too eager for more players at the moment we'll just take familiar names because they were playing last season. May not be the solution I'm afraid; as much as we all liked Oli and Lita and would be a quick fix, I'd rather wait three weeks and get a new name to see what they can do.