Jones out

off the field we have no doubt about it ,but we clung on to championship football by the skin of our teeth last season ,we could have easily gone back to division one AND we still need the decent cb,cm and striker or even anyone who can cross a decent ball to compliment what we have ,but they never materialise yet we keep hearing the sounds of we want four more players or we are bringing new players in or we are not here to make up the numbers by the powers that be, when do these players that are going to make us stronger going to appear ,people criticise Megson and probably have good cause but at minimum his team had bottle and togetherness,well if last night is anything to go by it is going to take some finding ,rovrum did well no denying that BUT if we had decided to compete it may have been a tad harder for them to rub our noses in it ,

I missed it last night mate (been travelling non stop since Saturday afternoon). From reading what's said on here, it sounds as though they "chucked" it.

The return to the premiership is MM's goal so he can make the club as lucrative as possible to sell on. Also, even as early as this, DJ has to think about player replacement later on in the campaign as it is abundantly clear (to me) that he is not going to get the additional playing staff he has been promised by the Chairman...oh sorry, I forgot to type "again" somewhere in there.

weve come a long way forward since jones took over from megson.all these tears over an early league cup exit are pathetic

Do you think we have? I'm not so sure. Sure, DJ managed to get the most out of Megson's squad initially, but seemed to have lost direction a lot. If there's one thing GM did, it was assemble a squad that bonded and showed spirit. Sure, we keep getting mini-runs of form - lets just hope that that becomes the norm rather than sporadic fits and starts.

I'll back DJ 1000%, for me the blame lays squarely with MM and his lack of backing.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, doing things on the cheap can only take you so far and sadly I think we have reached that stage.

We need significant investment and 2/3 quality players to push on this season.

Billy Sharp, Ben Marshall and the lad from Monaco would be ideal but would cost 2-3m plus wages and thats why new investment is needed.