Megson's legacy

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Didn't see Middlesborough (who are too if the league) weighing in with passionate tackles last night.

The Wimbledon-esque success of 1980's is long over with. Successful teams now play it around and are tactful in the tackle.

I read a statistic the other day the Jonny Evans for Man U had not committed a single foul up until the penalty the other night in Portugal.

The problem we have got a at the minute is more about quality than effort/commitment.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Didn't see Middlesborough (who are too if the league) weighing in with passionate tackles last night.

The Wimbledon-esque success of 1980's is long over with. Successful teams now play it around and are tactful in the tackle.

I read a statistic the other day the Jonny Evans for Man U had not committed a single foul up until the penalty the other night in Portugal. So much for wading in and exerting misguided passion.

Agreed

This division isnt what some fans believe it to be

Its not about going running in Greno woods - its about class to unlock defences

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Deleted member

Agreed

To be fair the vast majority of those whinging are the ones who don't go.

Or are Blades

Guest Stereophonics

If jones had been in charge from the beginning of last season with the budget megson had I do not believe that we would have been promoted

Agreed

Its not about going running in Greno woods - its about class to unlock defences

No matter what sport you do,if your fitter than the opposition it helps.

I read a statistic the other day the Jonny Evans for Man U had not committed a single foul up until the penalty the other night in Portugal.

The problem we have got a at the minute is more about quality than effort/commitment.

Boro didnt have to tackle,we gave them the ball, and time and space to play it.