memorable games

Watching all these goals fly in, in what was the old league cup, takes me back to my younger years when we played chelsea at home and was 3 up in the first half. Paul canonville came on at half time and we found ourselves 4-3 down in last few mins. Remember edging out of the kop, with my uncle (south stand exit) when we got a penalty und up stepped zico to make it 4-4. Yep we got beat in the replay, but for some reason would say this is one of the games we didn't win, but which stands out vividly.

Remember the coverage showing a chap and his lad with really nervous faces waiting for the pen to be taken followed by unbridled jubilation. Capture some the myriad emotions experienced by football fans.

Edited by OxonOwl

top night indeed!i was thinking (while watching reading v arse last night) that our QF v chelsea was very similar. we were 3-0 up at h/t (and everbody was booking their travel to sunderland for the semi already!) then somehow found ourselves 4-3 down. can't remember a bigger collapse since.. but the memory fades !!!

Got many memorable games and goals.Far,far too many to mention,but will never forget that amazing bullet header Hirsty scored against Man U in 1991.Amazing.The goal though that will always stay in my head is Wednesday v Forest in '84 where the ball is picked after a Forest corner at Leppings Lane end and Varadi runs up the park at speed and great skill towards the Kop and leaves Shilton reaching for a piece of hot opening day blue sky without the football...and the crowd went all Rome Colosseum in huge huge approval and applause.Massive.Even Brian Moore i remember was MASSIVEly impressed.Good times that will return very soon!

top night indeed!i was thinking (while watching reading v arse last night) that our QF v chelsea was very similar. we were 3-0 up at h/t (and everbody was booking their travel to sunderland for the semi already!) then somehow found ourselves 4-3 down. can't remember a bigger collapse since.. but the memory fades !!!

I was one of them!

Got many memorable games and goals.Far,far too many to mention,but will never forget that amazing bullet header Hirsty scored against Man U in 1991.Amazing.The goal though that will always stay in my head is Wednesday v Forest in '84 where the ball is picked after a Forest corner at Leppings Lane end and Varadi runs up the park at speed and great skill towards the Kop and leaves Shilton reaching for a piece of hot opening day blue sky without the football...and the crowd went all Rome Colosseum in huge huge approval and applause.Massive.Even Brian Moore i remember was MASSIVEly impressed.Good times that will return very soon!

Awesome strike by Varadi, great way to mark our return to the top.

Guest Athelstan

It's gotta be the 68/69 season at home to ManUre.

2-2 after 20 minutes, Wednesday were 4-2 down at half time.

Two goals by Jack Whitham and an own goal by Nobby Stiles in the second half meant Wednesday walked out winning 5-4.