would you like to see dynamic ticket pricing at hillsborough

There's an interesting article over on the BBC which discusses dynamic ticket pricing and whether it will be the future at football clubs -> http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19716087

Cardiff, Derby and Bristol City all have it in place this season and it works in a similar way to train tickets and hotel room booking.

Book early and you are rewarded with a discount, book on the day and you pay a premium.

I found this bit quite interesting:

Baseball team the San Francisco Giants were the first sports team to use dynamic pricing.

Head of ticket sales and services Russ Stanley explains why:

"For 20 games a year we are now able to advertise an $8 ticket. That's less than it costs to go and see a movie. That's a powerful message.

"You want to sell as many tickets as possible. The atmosphere inside the stadium is so much better when it is full. If you are not pricing your product properly, you will not sell out."

The Giants are on a run of 165 sell-outs in a row and have increased revenue by 7% since moving to dynamic pricing.

So would you like to see something similar for wednesday? would it put you off getting a season ticket? would it increase or decrease the number of games you went to?

Edited by POWP

what the feck are you on about with the sty? it's a general question from a wednesday fan!

personally I'd like to see it, I'd probably go to more games if I could snag a ticket for cheaper... maybe it's just a psychological thing? but I does love a bargain!

Guest MASSIVE1867

WE ARE THE OWLS, AND WE FOLLOW OUR TEAM HOME N AWAY WHERE THE ONE TEAM IN YORKSHIRE WHERE THE FAMOUS SHEFFIELDDDD WEDNESDAYYY !

flip all this pricing bullpoo if a season ticket was £2000 like arsenal i would still get one, MASSIVE WAWAW

As long as having a season ticket still has worthwhile value i can't see why it would put anyone off.

IMO i wouldn't like to see it come in. Plenty of times i've been unsure if i can make a game and only realised on the day that i can. It might put fans off paying on the day if they know that they can wait until the next home game and get tickets for cheaper by buying in advance.

Interesting idea though.

Sorry mate we had a wee wee Off Wednesday Pig poster on here at one time...as to the idea I've had a season ticket for 30 plus years so I don't know how the club could encourage me to renew if there were 20 odd games at a cheaper price...personally though I've never begrudged fans who take up cheap tickets for a few games a season...I'd like a full hillsborough everytime and have advocated the club giving 5,000 tickets to schools for free for matches that are not well supported

As long as having a season ticket still has worthwhile value i can't see why it would put anyone off.

I think the idea is that the season ticket is the lowest price per each game you could ever achieve, so you wouldn't be screwed over :)

Plenty of times i've been unsure if i can make a game and only realised on the day that i can. It might put fans off paying on the day if they know that they can wait until the next home game and get tickets for cheaper by buying in advance.

ye, I think that is the only downside (especially if the games are so packed up like they can be). I wonder what the upper prices are at those clubs running it tho.

if they turn out to be the same price as we pay on a match day now I don't think it'd be an issue

Guest intercity0wl

Na, American Owners with american idea's, our tickets are fine, except the Kids matchday prices, which are very excessive..

All depends on the lowest price and the highest, if it was say between £10 and £30 it wouldn't be too bad but then you'd have to work ST around that so that ST holders get the best value.

according to the article it'd be something like season ticket holders being guaranteed every game at the lowest possible price (maybe with added benefits, such as cup games, first option on away games etc).

The more I think about it the more I wonder what the crowd would have been like against hull? that was a class A game, highest price of the season when in reality few thought it should have been judged so. maybe if we had dynamic pricing we'd have seen more in the ground paying slightly less each but earning the club more overall? definitely wasn't worth £28 regardless... tho if we'd have won I may have said it was :)