IPSWICH AWAY

Guest intercity0wl

Looking forward to a few days on the Suffolk coast, dId the same down that Area for the Colchester game last season, and actually came back via Portman Road, because at that point i didnt think after losing at Cuckoo Farm, that i would be taking my other half there to watch a game for quite a while, how wrong i was.

Guest Tractorowl

The Cobbold Stand is not great for away supporters. We will be tucked away in the far corner. The Stand is an old fashioned football stand and towards the top the roof spars make for interrupted views. It is unlikely Ipswich will release more tickets, unless there is a huge demand as they have to move season ticket holders.

Looking forward to my only real home game.

Ipswich is a bit of a sleepy town and I agree that the pubs leave something to be desired. There are however one or two gems. About the same distance as Isaacs is The Greyhound. thegreyhoundipswich.co.uk/

A bit further afield is The Woolpack on Tuddenham Road. Both are for real ale drinkers. Alternatively, there are two Wetherspoons pubs, The Cricketers and Robert Ransomes next to the bus station. About a 10 minute walk from the ground.

Crowds are dropping at Ipswich and home support is just around the 16,000 mark. Notwithstanding what the fans think at the moment, they are a good footballing side. The problem is Jewell's lack of ambition at home. He persists with 1 up front and ha a midfield that is slo coming forward. They defend very deep, especially when the are ahead and the have similar defensive frailties to us. Our advantage is that they have no one who is really banging them in.

remember going ipswich away few years back. terrible, grim weather, but atmosphere in the pub by the station was fantastic- not sure what the pubs called or even if away fans still go there, but was top stuff.

stevie watson put us ahead, finished 1-1 but a quality atmosphere on grey night in the south east.. memories.

I remember it well too- Luke Boden started the game, our bench was full of kids and from memory they had 45 minutes of career professional football between them. Micky Gray impressed on debut IIRC. Watson was playing out wide because he had a hip injury and the physio thought he might be able to 'hide' away from twisting and turning as much out on the flanks.

Crazy really.

When you think of situations like that, Brian Laws did an unbelievable job at times.

I remember it well too- Luke Boden started the game, our bench was full of kids and from memory they had 45 minutes of career professional football between them. Micky Gray impressed on debut IIRC. Watson was playing out wide because he had a hip injury and the physio thought he might be able to 'hide' away from twisting and turning as much out on the flanks.

Crazy really.

When you think of situations like that, Brian Laws did an unbelievable job at times.

Ahhh yeah was gray's debut. spot on, he impressed a lot. at a time when we had such inexperience as you draw on, I remember micky just not losing his head on the ball and calming play down, good player when he was fit. Haha, didn't know the bit about watson being deployed on the wing! That is crazy indeed, respect to laws always

Looking forward to a few days on the Suffolk coast, dId the same down that Area for the Colchester game last season, and actually came back via Portman Road, because at that point i didnt think after losing( DRAWING) at Cuckoo Farm, that i would be taking my other half there to watch a game for quite a while, how wrong i was.

There you go.

Guest intercity0wl

There you go.

Thankyou, i stand corrected, although i had to check, as it sure felt like a loss walking out of the ground that day, good job i had found a nice country pub on Mersea island the night before, where i headed straight for to help lift mi spirits a tad.

Ahhh yeah was gray's debut. spot on, he impressed a lot. at a time when we had such inexperience as you draw on, I remember micky just not losing his head on the ball and calming play down, good player when he was fit. Haha, didn't know the bit about watson being deployed on the wing! That is crazy indeed, respect to laws always

If i remember the full story, the physio actually said Watson shouldn't play at all his hip was in such a state, but we were so desperate that in the end they (physio, Laws and Watson) arrived at the compromise that he'd play on the wing to avoid 'the thick of it' so to speak.

So we had Boden and Sean McAllister as our central midfield pairing for a lot of the game with JJ playing up front with Franny Jeffers.

flip me.

I'm trying to book the intercity owl online but can't find a place to do so, do you have to phone up? I bought my match ticket online this morning.

ICO cannot be booked online, however you can book the wednesdayite coach online, which for Ipswich is setting off early for a lunch stop in Bury St edmunds.

http://coachtoipswich.eventbrite.com/