liam palmer

Guest RAMPANT OTTER83

Guest RAMPANT OTTER83

Liam palmer seems to be a touch of class for tranmere! Pulling the strings in midfield!

Anybody else a tad bit envious of his form and perhaps thinks he should be doing it for us??

What do our managers not see in him what Ronnie Moore does?

i think tranmere - with the utmost of respect - can afford to play liam palmer in his preferred position. there's little pressure on the player and manager, as from my understanding their expectations weren't too high.

place palmer in centre of midfield last season, the second things start to look a bit iffy, the young kids are the first to drop out.

nothing against anyone involved. palmer is doing brilliant which i'm delighted to hear, these are just my thoughts...

Guest Teetowl

Palmers doing great for Tranmere by all accounts and well done to the lad. Let him have a good season with them to get some playing time and confidence and hopefully we will see a Liam Palmer back here that will impress in this league.

To be honest, I was always a little disappointed with Palmer. His best performance for us, by a million miles, was when he came on as sub in the FA Cup game at St Andrews, but other than that he's always looked like a boy playing against men. It always seemed to be a case of, he looks a good prospect, but his performances only ever showed promise and not genuine quality.

I haven't seen him play for Tranmere, and don't trawl through the media to find out how well he's playing for them, but I seriously doubt that he's playing well enough to displace either McCabe or Barklay from our midfield.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think he'll be another Humphreys/Morrison/Hamshaw/Platts type player who looked full of potential, but was only ever good enough for lower league football.

Guest Big Guns

His best game was against mkdons last season

But he's not the answer leave him at tranmere and let's see if we can sell him in Jan or the end of the,season.

His best game was against mkdons last season

Definately, his movement and passing were great athough it was helped by an assured team performance.

His ball in for Madine's class header was superb.

Didn't he score late on too?

Good to see Liam Palmer is progessing well at Tranmere. However there is a vast difference between League 1 and the Championship, as we are finding out.

Just because a player is a 'world beater' in League 1 does not mean they are going to pull trees up in the Champiomship.

Guest Viewfromtheeastbank

Liams contract expires at the end of this season - its make or break for him this season - literally playing for a new contract. Good luck to him.