So... David Pleat. A Polarising Figure.

Could never understand why we appointed him.With his kerb crawling and that silly dance he did managing Luton it was a major embarrassment having that badman windbag managing our club.His so called knowledge of tactics, to me seemed like stating the obvious.

I used to cringe whenever i heard or saw him.

Agreed.

Seconded. Spot on.

Pleat wasn't the reason for our demise. He didn't do a great job granted and he wasn't fan friendly but he was still our manager in our highest league position since the demise. 7th in 1997.

The 3 single biggest reasons for our demise was Francis butchering the squad after the 1993 Cup Finals, Big Rons sacking in 1998 and the appointment and all too late sacking of Wilson in 2000 who should have walked when the players tried to get him the sack in the Newcastle debacle. All overseen by Dave Richards.

Guest Fast and Bulbous

Could never understand why we appointed him.With his kerb crawling and that silly dance he did managing Luton it was a major embarrassment having that badman windbag managing our club.His so called knowledge of tactics, to me seemed like stating the obvious.

I used to cringe whenever i heard or saw him.

Still do..but that goes for many of the so-called pundits who get paid decent salaries for stating the bleeding obvious!

Edited by Fast and Bulbous