First half on five live

No one should take these so called 'expert summarises' seriously. They are out of work ex players who are paid by the media to pass on to the listeners or viewers comments that are as silly as when they did interviews when they were playing. I can never understand their value.....for example; why do we need a so called 'expert' to tell us what we have just seen in the game? "He took the ball down the wing, beat his man, turned inside and hit his shot across the face of the goal" etc! We just saw that for ourselves!.......the same on the Football programmes........go and get a proper job! Let us listen to the commentaries without having to put up with drivel!

Edited by gandiaowl

No one should take these so called 'expert summarises' seriously. They are out of work ex players who are paid by the media to pass on to the listeners or viewers comments that are as silly as when they did interviews when they were playing. I can never understand their value.....for example; why do we need a so called 'expert' to tell us what we have just seen in the game? "He took the ball down the wing, beat his man, turned inside and hit his shot across the face of the goal" etc! We just saw that for ourselves!.......the same on the Football programmes........go and get a proper job! Let us listen to the commentaries without having to put up with drivel!

That's the way media is today. We demand knowledge, opinon and judgements. When I first began to listen to Wednesday matches on the Radio, that is if I wasn't going, as a young lad you were reliant on Radio Sheffield or Radio Hallam who ran their sports programme's on Saturday with the occasional 30 second update from a reporter at the other end of a telephone line, "Lets go to Stuart Linnell at Highfield Road to see whats happening".

Live matches were solely the FA Cup and internationals. Very little pundentry and a totally different view/listening experience that we have today and IMO leaves the view feeling much more part of it.

Its the pundits issue not ours, cliches like 'that extra bit of quality' and '(lower league team x) are working hard and not allowing them to play' just come out of their mouths.

Danny Mills did what most half baked pundits do, tow the big vs small line without any real insight and babble inanely. I wouldn't take it personally.

I listened to both the Birmingham & Fulham commentaries on BBC Radio 5. During both games commentary was interrupted at various points to check in on other sports/games/results which is entirely to be expected of a National radio station - however most of the key action was covered in both games.

I agree with previous posters that was a naivety in the way the commentators approached both games with SWFC realistically expected to struggle in both games having just being promoted from League 1 and playing a team expected to be challenging in the Championship in Birmingham and an established Premier League team in Fulham. And as other posters have pointed out - as the games developed and it was obvious that SWFC were more than capable of beating both these teams the commentators were quick to change their positions and were extremely complimentary about SWFC, their style of play, their history, their fanbase etc etc.

In short - fantastic to get National Radio coverage, especially when we've produced 2 great performances and results. If we carry on as we are expect a special feature in Football Focus!!

Can we just get back to spaffing over how McCabe is the incarnate of Paul Scholes and Eden Hazard combined.....

We are unlikely to be on 5 live again for a while now which will know doubt drum up numerous posts about how they dont care about us anymore.

Enjoy Radio Sheffield on Saturday and their "expert" summarisers

Guest chapeltom

I thought by the end, Danny Mills had warmed to us. We do the talking on the pitch, we kept a clean sheet, didn't come too close to conceding either, were organised and probably should have won by more. Don't forget, he did say we'll be up there at the end of the season if we keep it up.

Btw, didn't someone not tell 5 Live that we'd shut the Kop? They kept referring it to as empty rather than closed, minor point though.

Let's keep surprising people, let's keep getting the results. If were top six at Christmas, they'll 28,000+ at Hillsborough without a shadow of a doubt.

Edited by chapeltom

Guest Ferkorf

Thats the first and last game I listen to on 5 live... all due respect to the paralympics but flippingell dont use the Massive as an advertisement to get ppl to listen to a torch gettin lit!!!

Colin Murray wants a good hiding aswell his voice enrages me.

Also around the grounds every two seconds!!!

Never again, wish Id have just pulled a sicky now and gone to it