Tickets online - is it always a pain?

Guest chapeltom

Guest chapeltom

First time ever I'm actually buying a ticket for an away as a season-ticket holder, yayyy :) anyway I'm trying to a buy a ticket to Palace away online and with a busy day ahead, thought I'd get it sorted early.

Currently the website says:

We're sorry, we're unable to complete your request at this time.

Is it just me getting this error and is it just something I have to put up with when buying online?

Edited by chapeltom

I have just tried got to bit were you pick the block you want and then comes up with error.

The website is poor at the moment the ticketing online is not working, this side of the business seems to be going backwards, online ticketing was pushed previously as being the way forward but the system seems worse than the Olympic ticketing!!

We're sorry, we're unable to complete your request at this time.

We seem to have hit a problem. We are now aware of this problem and will look to fix it.

We apologise for the inconvenience

Try returning to the home page and trying again.

Edited by pahowl

Everything else at the club has moved on so far and so fast, but the online ticketing remains laughable and amateur to the extreme.

I think that Chris C on here (could be wrong though) has said that they bought the ticket operating system when we were struggling for cash etc so it's a bit budget? I presume that's why we're continuing to have problems- as the legacy of previous SWFC regimes lingers.

Whatever the circumstances though, this is miles short of being good enough. The positive is, i'm sure the club knows this and will try and fix it unlike in the past.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

Guest chapeltom

Got through to the checkout now. Now let's see if it goes through...

Done. Paid a quid for postage anyway, saves rushing around pre Birmingham/Millwall at home.

Edited by chapeltom

Guest intercity0wl

The club tweeted they are aware of the problem and the providers are looking into it. Phone or call in for tickets in the interim

Ridiculous that over an hour later it still isn't working.

No wonde it never gets any better they must spend six working day a week just looking, and trying to fix the previous weeks errors, do these providers still get paid for not providing a service that any better than useless ?

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest chapeltom

I can't imagine we've been given the best tickets first either. Block S which seems right in line with the 6 yard box. Seat 32, eek.

The layout has changed slightly (removing a bug in the system?) and i've just been able to purchase tickets online.

Didn't get any loyalty points for it but that can all be sorted later- anyone else buying tickets should check the same thing as well.

The transaction for my Palace tickets went through on Friday and my points haven't been added yet so I wouldn't worry.

Guest intercity0wl

The transaction for my Palace tickets went through on Friday and my points haven't been added yet so I wouldn't worry.

Exactly the same here.

Guest chapeltom

only system has no bearing on your actual tickets

D'oh! Why didn't I remember that from Colchester away last season! :ph34r:

Rather be nearer the middle of the stand, the end were nearest to is the family stand, no atmosphere near a family end!!