Quick little stat from last season...

So I was wondering how many players scored for us last season from the total squad (minus the one own goal... Can't believe it was only one!)

We had a total of 34 players make league 1 appearances for us last season with 22 different goal scorers throughout the season

That's a stat of 65% of all players scoring for Wednesday in the season!!

Now if you take out the 3 goalkeepers that is 71% of all outfield players who played a league game for us getting on the score sheet!!

In my opinion that is absolutely stunning and shows what a good squad we had throughout the season and how key it is to have more than just a 20+ goal a season striker!

What we have missed from previous seasons is goals from all over the park and everyone chipping in... And I think it's safe to say that the squad did just that!!

Bloody awesome season! I'd love us to get more than 71% of players getting on the score sheet this coming season!!

UTO!!!

Gotta say I'm a bit worried that with the start of the season only 3.5 weeks away, we have signed no attacking players.......

Based on their performances last season/previous seasons, the records of the new signings, and how likely individuals are to play regularly this season- predictions for league goals by player:

Madine: 15

Morrison: 10

JJ: 5-10

Coke: 5

Sedgwick: 2

O' Connor: 2

Prutton: 2

Semedo: 1

Bennett: 2

Buxton: 1

Reda J: 3

R. Jones: 2

Beevers: 1

Palmer: 1

D. Jones: 1

= 50-60 unsure.gif

I really don't think those predictions are pessimistic. None of Madine, JJ or C. Morrison fill me with confidence..... So by my reckoning we need at least another 30 league goals in the side to get promotion. (Teams rarely get promoted scoring less than 80).

Mellor would get maybe half of those 30 required, but that would probably reduce Clinton's. We desperately need players who will add lots of goals to the side- upfront, and in the midfield. I would be looking to sign Cody MacDonald, a back-up forward (Mellor?), a goalscoring winger and a free-kick taker if I was Megson.

Reminded me that I posted this a year ago. Obviously before we signed Lowe, COG, Marshall, Lines. Wasn't far off with the rest though!

Edited by robswfc

So I was wondering how many players scored for us last season from the total squad (minus the one own goal... Can't believe it was only one!)

We had a total of 34 players make league 1 appearances for us last season with 22 different goal scorers throughout the season

That's a stat of 65% of all players scoring for Wednesday in the season!!

Now if you take out the 3 goalkeepers that is 71% of all outfield players who played a league game for us getting on the score sheet!!

In my opinion that is absolutely stunning and shows what a good squad we had throughout the season and how key it is to have more than just a 20+ goal a season striker!

What we have missed from previous seasons is goals from all over the park and everyone chipping in... And I think it's safe to say that the squad did just that!!

Bloody awesome season! I'd love us to get more than 71% of players getting on the score sheet this coming season!!

UTO!!!

I remember thinking the same during the season, that we haven't had this for sooooo long. We were dangerous from so many spots that it must have been difficult to play against. I was generally more confident about Antonio/Reda/Llera scoring than I was about the strikers (no offence to them either). A really great season.

I was just thinking while watching the season review how many players who are largely out of favour now popped up with really important goals. A number of them genuinely don't have a future with Wednesday but I hope their contributions this season are not forgotten.