Apologies

Guest jamesmappin

Guest jamesmappin

About a week back now I posted on here asking people if they wanted to see Wednesday play good football or to play in a style that would win matches.

I have to apologise because on last nights performance it's clear to see that if we get the ball down on the deck, pass and move and utilise players strengths then we can win football matches... and convincingly too.

Every now and then I kept glancing over to Dave Jones and was watching what he was doing. He wants us to play with width and get crosses into the box. That was evident with the Jones on the left and Antonio on the right with Buxton and Bennett getting forward at every available opportunity.

That style of play seemed to work yesterday and lets hope it works for the rest of the season.

All in all great match, great spectacle and a great result.

UTO.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. . .though you did say that Alan Irvine played "good football" lol

It is early days (1 game), but I think that a more passing approach will quickly win the fans over.

Guest jamesmappin

It is early days (1 game), but I think that a more passing approach will quickly win the fans over.

Especially if we start to beat teams by 3 and four goals. Over the past few games I couldn't see where we were going to get a goal from and when we did it just 'happened' if that makes sense.

Yesterday we got balls into the box and got in behind the defence. Definitely more attacking minded and overall a better performance.

Guest Big Guns

Does it mean megson was talking bollx when he,said he didn't have the players to play good football

Id say yes he was...