the true story

Yep totem, to late for megson though , the fact is milan stated we needed three more players in key positions and never delivered , megson alluded to it in his skoda interview,we knew we needed them megson knew and so did milan ,now was Antonio drafted in to help megson or for dj , if it was for Megson it was a tad to late , and if for dj ,well it's another kick in the teeth to megson methinks ,

Guest totemowl
Yep totem, to late for megson though , the fact is milan stated we needed three more players in key positions and never delivered , megson alluded to it in his skoda interview,we knew we needed them megson knew and so did milan ,now was Antonio drafted in to help megson or for dj , if it was for Megson it was a tad to late , and if for dj ,well it's another kick in the teeth to megson methinks ,

Megson said, a couple of weeks ago, that we tried to get Antonio in December, but he wouldn't move north then because his wife had just given birth. So I think it was Megson's doing, but unfortunately he won't reap the benefits.

I've no doubt there was a constant failure to get players in though.

Edited by totemowl

Very perceptive OP, only I suspect the tension goes back as far as last summer's transfer window given that Megson started the season well short of the team he wanted.