Moving forward? You bet.

Exactly.

We have no debt, a great chairman, a new off field management team in place, an experienced manager who has worked at the top level of English football and the makings of a good team.

This club is in the best position it's been in since the 90's.

It will get better too, some of the pieces are not yet in place but I have no doubt they will be over the next few days and weeks, whether it be permanent moves or loan signings. The team is starting to gel and I am more optimistic about our chances than I have been in years.

I agree with most of what you say and it does seem that Megson has a brilliant eye for a player.

But we really have to sort out our away form.

Our home form is super, 8 wins out of the last 9, but we have to find out what we're doing wrong away from home to progress to genuine title challengers

We're not adaptable enough to nullify the home team by playing the different formations required. This stems from not having a big enough squad of players with the relevant attributes

We are all guilty of having short memories from time to time hence this thread. Now there are quite a few Megson bashes out there and for the life of me I just don't get it, eg. Previous managers AI and BL failed to see that we had a weak centre mid, the same managers also saw Tonny Spurr as a solid fullback not to mention a central defense that was breached 2/3 times every game and got bullied on a weekly basis.

Now I'm not saying we have a manager who is god but what we have is a manager that has come in and recognized the problems that have been apparent to us fans for years. Out goes Potter and JOC out goes the weak defense and in come solid seasoned pros with very little outlay to make us a solid team that will develop into play off contenders for sure. Yes there's work to be done but he has put the foundations in place to achieve success and his signings are first class. He was very quick to see the likes of M Morrison and M Reynolds are not good enough and will look to move the latter on at the first opportunity bringing in solid no-nonsense players who work for each other and are proud to wear the shirt.

Now there will be some of you saying well what happened at Bury(yes I was there) and Bournemouth but Rome wasn't built in a day and this is the strogest team we have had for 10 years+. The guy will be one the best managers we've had in the last 20 years if given the chance, has Wednesday in his blood and demands 100%. Good times are ahead I'm sure.

great post mate.

UTO.

Guest intercity0wl

lol they are much appreciated.

I've always tried to be a realist mate and for the first time in God knows how long I'm actually going to Hillsborough expecting us to win. Megson has changed us from the shrinking violets we've been at home for a decade into a team who looks comfortable on the Hillsborough stage. When was the last time we had this kind of home form?

I'm not getting carried away because I know we are still only 9th but the foundations are there to be seen. We've hit rock bottom and are on the way up.

I keep seeing "were ninth in the league" mentioned in posts, the only Nine i can see is our points total, and with that we sit, JOINT THIRD at the moment.