cant find any record of woodward getting a cap ......and very disappointed that you can possibly get a 3rd blade into the sheffield eleven ....who you got in mind !!!!!

Oops, my mistake, glad in a way, proves I know far more about Wednesday than the Blunts which is as it should be!

Third player, wasn't at the Lane long, but you could possibly make a case for Mick Jones. I'm just trying to be be as unbiased about this as possible! Even if we give them three, it still means we would outnumber them by almost 3 to 1.biggrin.gif

Incidentally who would your team or squad be? Not narrowed it down to the final team yet, but the squad would probably be (based on players I actually saw - which basically means 1966 onwards):

Keepers

Springett, Hodgkinson

Defence

Sterland, Nilsson, Worthington, Megson D., Young, Lyons, Anderson, Pearson

Midfield

Palmer (best engine of any player I've seen), Waddle, Sheridan, Currie, Woodward, Di Canio, McCalliog, Undecided

Forwards

Hirst, Fantham, Jones, Bright

tough one mate ....but would go for .............................................springett

sterland .......walker ........swan .........worthington

palmer

woodward...craig (player/manager )..currie ...waddle

layne

subs hodgkinson

j shaw (legend at the lane )

kay

di canio

hirst ( was a throw between him and bronco )

Guest Big Guns

Currys a flippingblunt so that makes him a throw pot so bollx to him ,I will never say a blunts a good player ,in fact pottys better than him

The moment that epitomised Sheridan for me was against Palace at the end of the 91-92 season...

From memory, the ball came back out from the Palace defence and Sheridan, by the touchline dinked it over an onrushing midfielder, took a couple of touches to get the ball out of his feet whilst looking up ahead and delivered a sublime ball right onto Williams' head for our goal. Four or five seconds from nothing to a goal.

Waddle-esque in it's vision and execution and you can't get higher praise than that!