Travelling Owls

First off - respect to all Wednesdayites doing the travelling up and down the country . Bet you all look forward to next season fewer miles on the road - relegations and promotions must remove many 100s of miles. No lon treks to on wet tuesday nights to Brighton, Bristol, Swindon, and with Southampton , Plymouth almost certain to leave. Ven Bournemouth may still go up and Dag&Red down.

Say hallo to the piggies, Scunny, Preston, Chesterfield and Bury

Good times. Although, I actually quite like the long away days sometimes.

I`m definately happy to have the pigs and chesterfield in the league next season though, adds a bit of spice.

Good times. Although, I actually quite like the long away days sometimes.

I`m definately happy to have the pigs and chesterfield in the league next season though, adds a bit of spice.

Know what you mean, but their will still be a few long trips next season but this season their was just too many this season and not enough shorter trips.

Edited by EcclesallOwl

Guest Saturday Owl

Those drizzly cold Saturday afternoons in November to places like Exeter and Yeovil. I love them. Its what makes football special.

We'll look back at this in 7 years when were in the Premiership and miss some away trips!

Guest YorkOwl89

Hopefully Accrington & Stanley win in the League 2 play offs aswell, Wycombe would be the only team which is southern based that would be new to the league.

Guest maltaowl

It wouldn't be a football season for me without at least a couple of the long trips in December ,on a Tuesday night, chucking it down with rain and then a 3-0 wednesday defeat. :biggrin:

Guest Buxtonian

Hopefully Accrington & Stanley win in the League 2 play offs aswell, Wycombe would be the only team which is southern based that would be new to the league.

As I said to someone yesterday, maybe the time has come for a return to the old league system - League Divisions 1, 2, 3 (North) and 3 (South). maybe this would help some of the smaller clubs financially, and FGS it worked exceedingly well for 100 years.

FGS it worked exceedingly well for 100 years.

Take your point, but that's more than a slight exaggeration. About 40 would be more exact. Why were the regional divisions replaced? Was it because the gap from Division Three North/South to Division Two was proving too much?

Guest christheowl

I dont mind the odd away games, but some this season were just too close together. I think Southampton and Daggenham were like a week apart from each other and so were Bournemouth and Carlisle. My aim was to go to every away game this season, but missed a few of the long distance ones because i simply couldn't afford it ! be much better next year !

Guest on the band wagon

Agree quite like a few longer distances. Just too many this year

Often go on the train but it's been more difficult with the smaller towns not on main routes

Still be a few to go to next year but it's looking a more balanced North/south

UTO. (How ever many miles away it is)