FAO Perform Group Ltd

Don't wish to sound petty or cheap, but I hope that those of us without an iphone/android have the choice not to pay an extra £1 per month for improvements that are of no actual benefit to us. Personally I'd like to see HD match footage and would gladly pay extra for that.

You can listen to commentary on an android phone now

I've had very limited success with this. I'm off to Lanzarote during the school hols and specifically bought an Android so I could listen as previously I could only read the updates on my iPod Touch from the hotel's free WiFi. Care to share any tips?

Guest chesowl

I'm off to gran canaria tomorrow and I have an iPad and iPhone, how do I manage to listen to games there??? There is free wifi in the main reception. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm off to gran canaria tomorrow and I have an iPad and iPhone, how do I manage to listen to games there??? There is free wifi in the main reception. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think you're screwed with Apple, mate. They have a dispute with Adobe - the producers of "Flash" (that's the thing that delivers media content on web pages). Player uses Flash and as comentary is licenced then you can't access the BBC website to listen to it as it cuts off at 15:00 when it switches over to the "licence holders".

Thats the reason I went with a HTC Android device. They support Flash so I can get Player on it, but I've never been totally successful with it.

I think you're screwed with Apple, mate. They have a dispute with Adobe - the producers of "Flash" (that's the thing that delivers media content on web pages). Player uses Flash and as comentary is licenced then you can't access the BBC website to listen to it as it cuts off at 15:00 when it switches over to the "licence holders".

Thats the reason I went with a HTC Android device. They support Flash so I can get Player on it, but I've never been totally successful with it.

This

Also had limited success with my HtC Desire on download much better with WiFi

The football league app really needs to allow match commentary. It's not too mch to ask. I would have thought a cheaper option would be to stream the commentary in somethIng other than flash - surely it would be possible in QuickTime? Problem solved.

With iPhone being really popular, it really is a poor show that Player hasn't been adapted to work on it.

Edited by dykwim

can rarely sign in to player on my galaxy (which has flash) because the stupid adverts cover the login page & when i do manage to sign in it just won't let me access the commentary.

can watch live TV & do a million other things on my phone- just seems the company who runs player are a bit poo .

Guest Buxtonian

With the way we are playing at the moment, who wants to suffer the torture of the commentary if you can't be at the game.