FAO Alan - Pre match talk

Guest Deleted member

Many years ago when I was a lad at school, discipline used to be instilled into pupils by a number of punishment methods, including the following;

a) Slipper (now banned / discontinued)

b) Cane (now banned / discontinued)

c) Detention

d) Written-Lines

I was thinking that footballer’s should be subject to such punishment following poor performances.

I would advocate option d) in order to remind players of their responsibility, lest they forget.

This would start at 250 lines, with this being doubled after each substandard performance and so on.

The following example (in Darren Potter stylee) is given below;

“I must remember to pass the ball forwards – instead of just backwards and sideways”

or

“I must remember that it is permissible for me to play football in the opposition’s half of the field”

Do you have other suggestions or variations for other players ? :ph34r:

Many years ago when I was a lad at school, discipline used to be instilled into pupils by a number of punishment methods, including the following;

a) Slipper (now banned / discontinued)

b) Cane (now banned / discontinued)

c) Detention

d) Written-Lines

I was thinking that footballer’s should be subject to such punishment following poor performances.

I would advocate option d) in order to remind players of their responsibility, lest they forget.

This would start at 250 lines, with this being doubled after each substandard performance and so on.

The following example (in Darren Potter stylee) is given below;

“I must remember to pass the ball forwards – instead of just backwards and sideways”

or

“I must remember that it is permissible for me to play football in the opposition’s half of the field”

Do you have other suggestions or variations for other players ? :ph34r:

They can read and write????