Sticking my head above the parapet!

Guest jimbob

Guest Triplej2

I realise I'm about to receive a world of abuse right now but...I'd keep Irvine!

I'm impressed with his recruitment even before MM came. I like what I hear from players who have left the club and their thoughts on his coaching and preparation. I even like how we've played a few times this season (which tells me he's capable).

Clearly it's not good at the mo. We started with 9 players on Saturday who were not here last season - but even with that in mind you cannot excuse a performance like that. We will be inconsistent without experienced heads around yet it was fans that hounded Purse out.

You see for me, the idea of chopping and changing manager to bring success is a relatively new concept. And there's little evidence that it's successful. Irvine has a way to go, but I do think he'll get there and I hope he's hugely successful.

So unless there's a much better replacement available then stick. (The likes of Hughton are not)

Okay, Irvine has had 14 months, 9 of his own signings and we are in a division lower than when he came. In your opinion have we improved - at all?

The thing is with a manager building something you see what he's trying to do, you see the intent but not the results. You say to yourself -" we're knocking about well but we can't score or we're banging them in but weak at the back" and over time all the parts come together and voila! you have a team, a unit. I don't see that, I see a load of confused individuals, a keystone cops defence, a non existant midfield and a decent strikeforce getting poor service.

Good managers don't make so many tactical mistakes or misjudge situations that often, irvine does it every week. this is the man who saw Potter and JOC help relegate us and then decide to keep playing them in the 3rd division over and over again when the entire fan base could see it was suicide.

For me, we're worse now than we he came, he's built nothing, the fans are against him and we're 12th in a promotion chasing season. I honestly don't see where you're coming from.

Guest Triplej2

GOOD COACH,YES ,GOOD SCOUT ,YES, MANAGER, HAS'NT GOT A CLUE ,HAS TO GO .

I'm afraid to much dross from this team is quite enough ,a team capeable of walking this league is underacheiving by a large margine , due to complete ignorence from a man who prefers to play ,players out of position , not give other players a chance ,plays his favourites ,which you cannot have if you are a manager ,very rarely gets it right with the substitutions ,builds up other teams instead of our own ,oversaw relegation when having ample time to rectify the problems ,for gods sake we only needed 1 win,and why buy specfic strikers to leave on the bench ,and when challenged about the issue give innane answers

Ie , he does'nt score goals with his time on the pitch ,(or words to that effect)

OH before i forget we are dropping quicker than a stone ,now for the +points errrr! / WE BEAT BRIGHTON / WE BEAT BRISTOL rovers ,WE BEAT HARTLYPOOL ,WE BEAT NOTTS COUNTY ,WE BEAT BRISTOL CITY ,CANT THINK OF ANY MORE ,

Is there anything else to add on the +side if so enlighten me thanks ,

Or this ^^^^^^^^

Guest frannys ears

I realise I'm about to receive a world of abuse right now but...I'd keep Irvine!

I'm impressed with his recruitment even before MM came. I like what I hear from players who have left the club and their thoughts on his coaching and preparation. I even like how we've played a few times this season (which tells me he's capable).

Clearly it's not good at the mo. We started with 9 players on Saturday who were not here last season - but even with that in mind you cannot excuse a performance like that. We will be inconsistent without experienced heads around yet it was fans that hounded Purse out.

You see for me, the idea of chopping and changing manager to bring success is a relatively new concept. And there's little evidence that it's successful. Irvine has a way to go, but I do think he'll get there and I hope he's hugely successful.

So unless there's a much better replacement available then stick. (The likes of Hughton are not)

I dont agree with giving managers the chop every 2 minutes either but apart from a couple of matches Irvines style of football has been dire.

I didn't want Sturrock or laws to get the sack, because even though we were struggling it was exciting and i could see what these managers were trying to achieve.

In the first half we played well on saturday, Clinton feeding off the headers won by Madine, now i dont have badges but when Madine came off we continued to play long ball up to 2 forwards that like the ball to feet and are not strong in the air, and by doing this lost the ball time and again.

If me and the other 3 thousand Wednesdayites can see this why can't Irvine.

No plan b and tactically inept, no hope with this guy.

To be quite honest if were in this position but the football was ok I'd say stick with him.

The football I have seen this season has been abysmal, drab and at times catastrophic.I cannot honestly say aside from Hartlepool,Mk and Bristol rovers that we have given a good showing. In 90% of the games we have won we could have dropped points because opposing teams have created morethan a few chances.Things couldn't be any worse.

Losing 1-0,2-1,3-2 etc and having created and played good football you can say you didn't have rub of the green, we gave a good account or it's just a bad day, losing 4-0 to 18th placed leyton orient is none of the above. It's a disgrace.

I can't honestly see how anyone could do any worse. The football is boring, creativeless and predictable.

Look, the prolem with AI is that the fans cannot get behind him, he will never be popular at S6 and we are at a pivotal point, it's all well and good him saying he is bothered about the results not the fans but the amount of revenue lost each match he is here could buy some great players,

In 1993; Trevor Francis thanked the fans for there commitment and keeping the gates over 30k is where the money was coming from to sign players like Waddle,

Aside from that he makes a large number of solid hardcore fans resent having to go to matches,

I agree changing managers all the time is not a way to go, but this manager has to go, if the football was good but we were doing bad i'd accept, if the footbal was crap and we were getting results i would accept, if he came out going mad and appoligised after these terrible results i would accept, if he was trying everything to improve i would accept,

There is not a single redeaming factor with him though and i actually hate his guts!! I cannot bare it any more, even if he takes us up i'll still want him gone, we would be bottom of the championship right now if we had stayed up last season,

The sooner he fooks off the better

I honestly thought we battered Charlton last week.

And that was down to Heff, he was then dropped for the next match in favour of CM and GM when NM and PH have our best goal ratio per time played, one of the feasons he should leave is because we battered Charlton in the second half!!!

I agree !!

What has impressed you about Irvine in the 14 months he's been here?

The quality (and quantity) of players he has brought in has been far far better than what we've seen in recent times. I can only remember Chris Turner who brought in better for the money we paid and position we were in.

Got rid of Darren Purse when the time was right - which lets face it, a lot of managers would have failed to have done.

Buxton looked a terrible player last season, and O'Conner wasn't much better, but these seem to have improve (Buxton dramatically) over the course of his tenure.

He did a half decent job with a very poor team last season (still got us relegated, but I was very much in the opinion this was virtually unstoppable by the time of his appointment).

Aside from 3 very very bad results this season (the one this weekend I would concur with the majority by saying it's the most embarrassing defeat in our recent history), I think he has done a good job with the side and funds given to him.

I honestly think Irvine needs to be given more time - he's only just been able to spend any money on players to IMPROVE our squad, rather than get players that'll do a job, but not improve us. It has yet to be seen whether the recent purchases will improve us, but RJ already seems to have developed a cult status (rightly or wrongly).

Guest Triplej2

The quality (and quantity) of players he has brought in has been far far better than what we've seen in recent times. I can only remember Chris Turner who brought in better for the money we paid and position we were in.

Got rid of Darren Purse when the time was right - which lets face it, a lot of managers would have failed to have done.

Buxton looked a terrible player last season, and O'Conner wasn't much better, but these seem to have improve (Buxton dramatically) over the course of his tenure.

He did a half decent job with a very poor team last season (still got us relegated, but I was very much in the opinion this was virtually unstoppable by the time of his appointment).

Aside from 3 very very bad results this season (the one this weekend I would concur with the majority by saying it's the most embarrassing defeat in our recent history), I think he has done a good job with the side and funds given to him.

I honestly think Irvine needs to be given more time - he's only just been able to spend any money on players to IMPROVE our squad, rather than get players that'll do a job, but not improve us. It has yet to be seen whether the recent purchases will improve us, but RJ already seems to have developed a cult status (rightly or wrongly).

Worst spin doctor ever!

Irvine had buxton and JOC for 26 games last season, both were shybo, O'connor still IS shybo a lot of the time.

You say relegation was unstoppable? How about getting just 1 win out of our last 9 games last season or 2 more points from any of the 26 (TWENTY SIX) games he had.

3 Very bad results you say? Are you forgetting the other 7 (SEVEN) games we've lost.

Done a good job with the funds given to him you say? second highest budget in division (a squad that Irvine himself would have been happy with in the championship).

Apart from all that, what about the unwatchable football he churns out most of the time? The lack of cohesion? The low crowds? The universal dislike for him?

never once has that tw@t thanked us for our support or apologised to us for the embarrassments and abject failures he has delivered.

I honestly you're deluded pal, he's precisely f*ck all except take us to relegation, mid table oblivion in the 3rd division and lost thousands of loyal supporters.

IRVINE OUT NOW!

I dont agree with giving managers the chop every 2 minutes either but apart from a couple of matches Irvines style of football has been dire.

I didn't want Sturrock or laws to get the sack, because even though we were struggling it was exciting and i could see what these managers were trying to achieve.

In the first half we played well on saturday, Clinton feeding off the headers won by Madine, now i dont have badges but when Madine came off we continued to play long ball up to 2 forwards that like the ball to feet and are not strong in the air, and by doing this lost the ball time and again.

If me and the other 3 thousand Wednesdayites can see this why can't Irvine.

No plan b and tactically inept, no hope with this guy.

Sturrock ??? You did say STURROCK didnt you??? Exciting ?? You did say EXCITING didnt you ??? Overall absolutely not. But i can think of 1 or 2 exciting matches under him and some extremely embarrasing ones. Great bloke though.

While I agree with the sentiments I think this should be the logic behind the next appointment not this one.

Milans been in the game a long time and we have to trust him to appoint a manager of his choosing he should aim as high as he can and find his candidate outline his vision for the next three years and give him three years. None of this applies to irvine though hes never been popular with the fans and never will be. He represents the cheap unambitious option and with the new squad were putting together and the new chairman his removal is the last piece of the puzzle and a chance to move on from the past.

The final point might seem an strange one but we need to at least secure league one football for next season. If we lose to yeovil we could very well be 5 points off relegation. Febuary is pretty tough month playing teams mostly above us and given what we saw last season and irvines record in tough matches are you convinced he could keep us up.

I just think its now or never if hes not sacked after the orient and exeter games then we have to face up to the fact that he wont be sacked for the rest of the season and thats not a prospect most fans look forward to.

Irvine probably has 2 or 3 games left with Tues night, Sataurday and Peterborough. by his own admission it hasn't been good enough on the pitch, there has only been the FA cup result which has been any good and stands out. With this teem we should be beating most of the side's, but we are not are we Alan how long does not good enough on the pitch carry on who picks the side and who never seems to have a plan A never mind a B .

Against Charlton at home i was surprised to see Morrison ( who is all mouth ) and Sedgwick ( he is running really fast in plimsolls thinking look at me mum i'm fast ) return for the second half .

On Sataurday I would of thought that Heffernan would of started and Madine on the bench to ease him in as a new member of the squad.

Give IRVINE the next 2 or 3 and as the teams which we are playing we should be beating so no less than 6 points and trough to the next round if not IRVINE OUT !