Sheffield Wednesday

In Wednesday terms i hope he turns out to be more Lee Chapman than Andy Booth. As in my opinion we havent had a proper target man since Chapman was knocking them in for us in the eighties.

What about Mark Bright - surely he fulfilled the target man role in the early 90s

Then again, that is 20 years ago, so I take your point

Mark Bright was a fantastic target man for us............................big , brave , unselfish , the perfect foil for Hirsty and regularly got 20 a season.

I always think its a massive shame that whenever Brights name is mentioned most Wednesdayites immediately mention his awful miss in the cup final replay , and fail to mention how influential he was for us over that period..................................and lets not forget that despite our overwhelming superiority in the semi against the bacon we were starting to get desperate until Brighty stepped in and saved us from a possible replay at a boggy Elland Road

Guest Willyowl

LEE CLARK believes Carlisle have lost the “Andy Carroll of the lower leagues” with Gary Madine’s transfer to Sheffield Wednesday.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2011/01/18/sheffield-wednesday-s-new-striker-gary-madine-the-andy-carroll-of-the-lower-leagues-86081-28003703/

FFS, don't tell me this Madine fella has got stupid bloody hair as well??

Guest beauowl

Great point about brighty though fully agree with that point.another who I rated was paul williams, remember him, great link man and worker??

Guest s6 owls fan

only 20 years old he has plenty of time on his side i'm really looking forward to watching madine and reynolds when was the last time wedneday wer buying their rivals young talent? good times :biggrin: