Irvine haters

Not at all...who do you see coming in then?

waits for teh Alladyce and MON answer

I can't comment on who MM should bring in because I don't know how attractive he's looking to make the manager's job in terms of wage and money to spend.

But are you saying we shouldn't sack Irvine because it's uncertain who we'd bring in? Ridiculous reasoning, if so.

I can't comment on who MM should bring in because I don't know how attractive he's looking to make the manager's job in terms of wage and money to spend.

But are you saying we shouldn't sack Irvine because it's uncertain who we'd bring in? Ridiculous reasoning, if so.

Really...how long do you think it takes for a manager to take over a squad he know nothing about...add to it...and get it winning....CM doesn't count

Really...how long do you think it takes for a manager to take over a squad he know nothing about...add to it...and get it winning....CM doesn't count

That's a good point Dave, save that it presupposes he had the right credentials and abilities in the first place.

As I argued at the time, his track record was neither long, nor did it give rise to any real reason to be excited.

All that's happening now is it playing out in exactly the same way as PNE fans told us it would.

It's about time we appointed a good manager for once - but the previous regime affected expectation so adversely that almost any non-descript would suffice and to question them was tantamount to treason.

I see absolutely nothing in AI that inspires me to think he is right for us and have always felt he is a no 2. One thing for sure is that he is not maximising the resource or opportunity - I don't think many would disagree with that.

It varies. Obviously.

Some would take longer than others (like O'Driscoll) because they're concerned with building something more long term.

O'Driscoll would be no good for us this season though; we need someone to come in and get the results to take us up this season.

Do you think this would be an impossible job?

Are managers only cabable of working with certain players?

Too much is made of this "the manager and HIS players" - it's the excuse of the bad man-managers.

Guest Deleted member

I dont hate Irvine - I just hate what he makes us watch. Hes the only Manager ever to put me to sleep in a football stadium, and hes done it twice this season. And once this afternoon when I chose not to go to Huddersfield and watch it on TV - fell asleep in 2nd half...

If I was MM Id be giving us a fighting chance of making the FA Cup 4th round against beatable opposition next weekend by employing someone else

So who's gonna do it in 8 weeks?

Megson,Hughton,Hoddle just 3 off the top of my head would all get us promotion this season imo

all i know is Irvine has had his chance

playing for draws in a relegation battle last season and 9 defeats already this season is taking the p1ss