Wednesday are now League 1 favourites

Felt at the start of the season that it would be a three way fight between ourselves, Peterborough and Southampton for the top 2 spots, with Huddersfield possibly gatecrashing the party if they can get their act together.

Southampton seem determined to self implode at the minute - on and off the field - and they need to stop the rot quickly if they want to be in the mix at the very top of the pile come May.

Peterborough were nowhere near good enough for the Championship last year, but they have the same core of a team that finished second in this division only 2 years ago. They have proven goalscorers at this level who have already got off the mark, and a good manager in place. I think they've shown an ability to throw in the odd poor result, but I think that's something we'll be able to say about EVERY side in this division after 46 games, including ourselves. I still see them as our biggest rivals for the title.

There's no reason we shouldn't be favourites though. We were a bit of an unknown quantity with so many new faces coming in, but early results have shown that we're gelling well and we have the chance to go 4 points clear after 5 games tomorrow. It won't be a case of 'job done for the season' if we do by any means, but the early stages are all about momentum...and we certainly seem to have it at the minute. We have one of the very best squads in the league, and I think the only thing stopping most reasoned Owls fans from thinking we should finish the season in the top 2 or 3 places is the old 'this is Wednesday, it never works out for us' mentality (which is totally understandable!).

It won't be plain sailing, and we will undoubtedly have a lull of form at some stage in the season, but we have the best chance of a really successful league season this year that we've had in AGES. Someone has to be the Norwich/Leicester/Swansea for this year...don't see why it can't be us.

Completely agree mate! There's no reason why we shouldn't walk this league but we do need to be wary of teams like Peterborough. I just hope we get enough points on the board during our golden spell to keep us up there when we have a bad spell! I remember a few seasons back (and last season nearly) Leeds had a massive gap at the top but a few bad results meant they ended up in the play offs!

I backed us all summer on betfair at prices from 6s to 8s.

Just layed us now so if we we win the league i win just short of £1500 if we dont i win just short of £400.

Got to love that Betfair thing.

I won't bet on Wednesday (let me down too often in past) and I could never bring myself to bet against them, seems like heresy to me! :ohmy: