Wednesday are now League 1 favourites

Where the balls you get 8's?? I had us in a double with Chelsea. We were 6/1 and Chelsea 6/4. £15 on it.

Still a long long way to go yet though.

Got 8's on betfair before the season started and will pay for next years season ticket plus a holiday if we win the title !!!!

Good..... and so we should be

Genuinely, there is only one team in this league who should trouble us and that's POSH

Alan has built a very strong league one team and we are finally bearing the fruits of his labour.

We need to maintain the right attitude though. Don't get too tense, or even worse, complacent and we should be in the top 3 all season

Onwards and upwards HMS PTL

Edited by Glaser

Guest Darkus Owlus

Good..... and so we should be

Genuinely, there is only one team in this league who should trouble us and that's POSH

Alan has built a very strong league one team and we are finally bearing the fruits of his labour.

We need to maintain the right attitude though. Don't get too tense, or even worse, complacent and we should be in the top 3 all season

Onwards and upwards HMS PTL

Posh?

They haven't added much to the squad that was in the Championship, the squad which we got 4 points off I think.

I think what we'll see in this league is inconsistency amounsts the 'top teams' bar us, because we have the quality to turn what will look like a point into 3.

We're much stronger now - no problems.

Guest Sniper1

Posh?

They haven't added much to the squad that was in the Championship, the squad which we got 4 points off I think.

I think what we'll see in this league is inconsistency amounsts the 'top teams' bar us, because we have the quality to turn what will look like a point into 3.

We're much stronger now - no problems.

Looking at the results before today i too thought Posh would be our closest competition, they have kept Mclean and Mackail-Smith add George Boyd to these two because he didn't play for Posh much last season and the addition of Grant McCann with his set pieces, they have match winners.

Tranmere did a job on them today though, could probs see them dropping a few points away from home.

Felt at the start of the season that it would be a three way fight between ourselves, Peterborough and Southampton for the top 2 spots, with Huddersfield possibly gatecrashing the party if they can get their act together.

Southampton seem determined to self implode at the minute - on and off the field - and they need to stop the rot quickly if they want to be in the mix at the very top of the pile come May.

Peterborough were nowhere near good enough for the Championship last year, but they have the same core of a team that finished second in this division only 2 years ago. They have proven goalscorers at this level who have already got off the mark, and a good manager in place. I think they've shown an ability to throw in the odd poor result, but I think that's something we'll be able to say about EVERY side in this division after 46 games, including ourselves. I still see them as our biggest rivals for the title.

There's no reason we shouldn't be favourites though. We were a bit of an unknown quantity with so many new faces coming in, but early results have shown that we're gelling well and we have the chance to go 4 points clear after 5 games tomorrow. It won't be a case of 'job done for the season' if we do by any means, but the early stages are all about momentum...and we certainly seem to have it at the minute. We have one of the very best squads in the league, and I think the only thing stopping most reasoned Owls fans from thinking we should finish the season in the top 2 or 3 places is the old 'this is Wednesday, it never works out for us' mentality (which is totally understandable!).

It won't be plain sailing, and we will undoubtedly have a lull of form at some stage in the season, but we have the best chance of a really successful league season this year that we've had in AGES. Someone has to be the Norwich/Leicester/Swansea for this year...don't see why it can't be us.