relegation == win win all the way ??

now before you all start ranting, i dont want us relegated and come next saturday we win providing wba do us a mega favour and beat palace, but look at it from a different point of view wage bill 5/6 million possibly at moment ? 10/11 players out of contract wont be renewed or shouldnt be after this years performance, grant tudgay + spurr maybe sold , so that then leaves us better off and in profit , heres mi thinking a 3 million wage bill already 3 million saved were not carrying players on high wages cos there already out the door,group of players irvine as chosen to get promotion as champions, bigger crowds cos we be winning more and fans will start to return to watch a successful team== more money in pot to not run this club on a shoe string , its just mi thoughts with a bit of fan logic

Relegation is not the answer. If and when Wednesday stay up changes will have to be made but dropping down a division doesn't work. Clubs survive the drop all the time and can bounce back with huge strength, recent examples being Fulham and Millwall. Granted that I don't watch Wednesday week in week out, I've seen you play decent football so it CAN happen. There are some poor teams in the league who with a bit of organisation you/we can leapfrog. Give Irvine this transfer window to tinker with the squad, it can happen.

Keep the faith, Up the Owls

Guest Distraught!

:laugh:

It is a bit like saying the best way to overcome alcoholism is to have another drink isn't it?

Or the best way to get value for money out of FJ9 would be to throw him another three year contract! :blink:

Guest wincobankowl

a £3m wage bill is not enough to get out of that division.

There are several teams in there that at least match our current wage bill.

Leeds' wages is over £12m and they are still not guaranteed to get out.

Whilst I will endevour to find out, I would guess that Norwich's is also considerably more than £3m.

Leicesters was definatley more than £3m last year.

IF we go down,the bare minimum is to maintain this years budget. Presuming leeds get promotion, that still leaves ( off the top of my head) Charlton, Southampton and the other relegated teams with a simillar wage bill to ours.

Even in League 1, we will not be able to blow teams out of the water financially. Even with a maintained budget, so reducing it would be dicing with death.

And if, god please, we stay up, the current budget restrictions mean that we are only ever gonna be midtable/struggling. And in this division that means relegation is always a possibility.

That is why, in my opinion, investment is now arguably more important that relegation.

now before you all start ranting, i dont want us relegated and come next saturday we win providing wba do us a mega favour and beat palace, but look at it from a different point of view wage bill 5/6 million possibly at moment ? 10/11 players out of contract wont be renewed or shouldnt be after this years performance, grant tudgay + spurr maybe sold , so that then leaves us better off and in profit , heres mi thinking a 3 million wage bill already 3 million saved were not carrying players on high wages cos there already out the door,group of players irvine as chosen to get promotion as champions, bigger crowds cos we be winning more and fans will start to return to watch a successful team== more money in pot to not run this club on a shoe string , its just mi thoughts with a bit of fan logic

or, the start of a downward spiral

logic?? utter nonsense from start to finish