Charlton Question

Guest Wirrowl

Guest Wirrowl

Charlton athletic.

Charlton Athletic ...

Our old promotion buddies were head-down in a similar cowpat to the one we are inhaling after losing 4-1 at home on the 3rd November. They were looking at a long, hard relegation threatened season.

Then what happened? They played Cardiff in a ding-dong thriller, won 5-4 and have been a ruddy winning machine ever since.

Can we do a Charlton? Can we bounce back from a 4-1 home hammering to get an unlikely win v Cardiff a few days later and then go shooting up t'table like a rocket?

Can we?

CAN WE I ASK??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/charlton-athletic/results

(the title of this thread is a play on 'Charlton Heston'. I thought I should point that out).

I honestly can't see it, nor can i see us turning it around while Jones remains here.

I don't think he knows what the problems are and why we arn't getting results. So he certainly won't know how to put them right.

And it isn't as simple as changing the players around in January IMO.

Charlton athletic.

Charlton Athletic ...

Our old promotion buddies were head-down in a similar cowpat to the one we are inhaling after losing 4-1 at home on the 3rd November. They were looking at a long, hard relegation threatened season.

Then what happened? They played Cardiff in a ding-dong thriller, won 5-4 and have been a ruddy winning machine ever since.

Can we do a Charlton? Can we bounce back from a 4-1 home hammering to get an unlikely win v Cardiff a few days later and then go shooting up t'table like a rocket?

Can we?

CAN WE I ASK??

http://www.bbc.co.uk...thletic/results

(the title of this thread is a play on 'Charlton Heston'. I thought I should point that out).

the answer to our problems can't be found in dreaming...

it's not alice in wonderland, or once upon a time...

it's getting together, and pulling in the right direction...

getting out of relegation is a fight, a battle, and not a footballing competition...

loads will deny this initially, but If this go's to the ropes, that will be the likely decider again...

Guest Wirrowl

There was one big difference. Charlton fans absolutely love Powell. He could have taken em down and they'd still love him. It must really help with that "all pulling together" thing.

Send for Waddle!

There was one big difference. Charlton fans absolutely love Powell. He could have taken em down and they'd still love him. It must really help with that "all pulling together" thing.

Send for Waddle!

pretty much this. We were 2-0 down against Cardiff, instead of thinking "that was it" and turning our backs on the team, we sang something like 25 mins straight of "Chrissy Powell's Red and White Army" and sung our heart out for our manager (who rumour had it was given 4 more games to save his job). After that, the players responded brilliantly and put us up 5-2. Then we had the usual charlton wobble and conceded 2 late goals. Support your team and your manager, we hardly strengthened over the summer and has taken us a while to adapt, but if we keep going we have an outside chance at a play off place. As long as Palace dont go up and we don't go down, I'll be delighted with this season.

Hows Sideways Semedo doing and Llera doing for you guys? Saw Llera was up to his old tricks the other game, scoring an own goal.