SHERRIDAN NOISE

I remember being back on the coach, queuing to get out of that fornicating car park and opposite us were a coachload of Man Utd fans (who may or may not have been going going back to Manchester :biggrin: ) and we were emotionally drained and still in shock that we'd won, when some wit in the Man Utd supporters coach held up a sign to their coach window saying "cheer up you miserable rumblezoids you won!"   :laugh:  

Edited by The Dukeries Owl

Guest ka58

I think it's in people's heads as well really. Never heard the sound of a ball hitting the woodwork at a live game including that one.

Obviously audible on the TV footage though.

I remember being back on the coach, queuing to get out of that fornicating car park and opposite us were a coachload of Man Utd fans (who may or may not have been going going back to Manchester :biggrin: ) and we were emotionally drained and still in shock that we'd won, when some wit in the Man Utd supporters coach held up a sign to their coach window saying "cheer up you miserable rumblezoids you won!"   :laugh:

Similarly I remember stopping at a services full of Wednesday fans there and someone remarking it was as if we had lost. Presumably we were all shattered or in shock.

That said, my family all managed to royally take the p1ss out of man u supporting hitchhiker my dad kindly picked up on the way out of London. He wished he had walked by the time he got to Watford!

I remember that too, which was weird because most of our coach were still going barmy and raising an imaginary cup, kissing it and then hoisting it in the air.  :biggrin: