Ryan Giggs

Geedee

18 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Jury discharged as they couldn’t reach a verdict, probably meaning half thought he was guilty and half thought he was alright.  

One of those trials where evidence seems hard to have come by and lots of word of mouth evidence.  

It will be interesting how Gigg’s rebuilds a career at this point.  Very difficult to see a way back considering the things that have come out about him 

Alan Harper beat me to it as I was writing this, the judge wanted a majority of 10 to one to agree so it only takes two to create this outcome.

I know someone who recently did jury duty, he wanted to find the defendant guilty on all charges, another juror wanted to clear them on everything, the rest were all inbetween and willing to compromise. After several days arguing neither would budge, and the accused walked free. The worst part (for the person I know) is they'll never even get to know if there is a retrial, because of the nature of the crime. 

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Alan Harper beat me to it as I was writing this, the judge wanted a majority of 10 to one to agree so it only takes two to create this outcome.

I know someone who recently did jury duty, he wanted to find the defendant guilty on all charges, another juror wanted to clear them on everything, the rest were all inbetween and willing to compromise. After several days arguing neither would budge, and the accused walked free. The worst part (for the person I know) is they'll never even get to know if there is a retrial, because of the nature of the crime. 

Surely thats the point behind trial by Jury.  If only one person thought he was 100% guilty he should walk.

• Like 1

Just now, Whitechapel Owl said:

There was lots of different charges, I can't really be any more specific than that.

I dont want you to be specific but surely if there were several charges the jury would make a decision on each one.