Since when...

Guest Grandad

6 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Need a coordinated campaign to stay away in the same way Blackpool did with the Oystons. Only language they understand. 

Does DC seem like a reasonable person who understands the language of cutting losses? 

6 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

There were no other options. A supporters ‘buy out’ wasn’t feasible. Shares weren’t given away without a lot of soul searching. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but at the time ...offering a better option would have very good. It didn’t happen. It is what it is. No blame for me except a handful of ex Directors who clung on to power for too long in the hope they could get more for their positions and damn the club. 

And unfortunately non of us can really influence anything right now. Unless someone has huge amounts of dosh they want to waste on a club they love. 

There were options a few years before which would have needed some strongarming of the directors and a new share issue. Sums were done and it could have worked. 
By the time we got to the meeting chaired by Howard Wilkinson where we were introduced to Mandaric it was too late. Like everyone else,  I voted to give away my shares. But it was never the way forward I wished for. 

40 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Personally I don't think we can, nothing Chansiri has done in the last 3 years has indicated he is likely to change the senior management structure at the club, and that imho is what is needed.

My worst fear isn't that because Chansiri loses interest / runs out of money, we end up in admin - somebody will always buy SWFC and at the administrators' price not Chansiri's.

My worst fear is that Chansiri keeps Hillsborough and we end up being 'evicted' from our 'own' ground... Not sure I could handle 'home' games at the New York Stadium...

Horse has bolted on that one I think. The time to have senior structure at the club was right at the start when we had a decent spine of players the right age to build on. Now we have no saleable assets and no way to turn the situation around. 

Anyone with half a football brain knows you dont dish out five year contracts on double your money deals,  buy players as "gifts to the fans" or bow down to footballers who refuse to play for the club.