Since when...

Guest Grandad

10 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I suspect early bird season tickets will soon be on sale, that'd be the first place to start.

I suspect they will try and get fans to forfeit a refund this season in exchange for a League One ST. 

Fans need to boycott with their feet and demand their money back. Starve the egotistical clown of cash because protests aren’t gonna work when he’s in Thailand. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I suspect early bird season tickets will soon be on sale, that'd be the first place to start.

If season tickets go on sale for next season, it will be the first time I say no and don't get one.

Would anyone buy one, when you've had nothing out of the last one you bought and some still have money in from the previous season?

It would be a horrendous failure.

6 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

If season tickets go on sale for next season, it will be the first time I say no and don't get one.

Would anyone buy one, when you've had nothing out of the last one you bought and some still have money in from the previous season?

It would be a horrendous failure.

This, no way I would buy, we have no refund for the part season played behind closed doors, and no word on what is happening with our season tickets bought for this season in the last early bird, I was thinking that maybe these would be carried forward to the next season fans are allowed back.

We are up the proverbial creek without a doubt.

The business is wholly owned by DC, he makes the decisions and takes the consequences. He may or may not have thrown £350m at it and heaven knows what he stands to lose if he looks to sell up. Maybe all of it?

Where’s the motivation to sell, he might as well hang on, pray he makes a successful appointment (that’d make a change) and slowly crawls forward. The financial performance suggests the business has little value and it could be questionable whether it’s a going concern.

As fans, we are just powerless customers. Talks of boycotting etc are pointless and all they will achieve is to bring us closer to extinction 

We need a strong managerial appointment more than we’ve ever needed anything before

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, Plonk said:

It’s ok. Grandad has a plan. 

That's a bit sad

I'm asking how we go forward if he stays. Is that the best you've got?

I'm saying the exact opposite of what you're trying to suggest I'm saying. Read the OP

Edited by Grandad

52 minutes ago, WBridgfordowl said:

We are up the proverbial creek without a doubt.

The business is wholly owned by DC, he makes the decisions and takes the consequences. He may or may not have thrown £350m at it and heaven knows what he stands to lose if he looks to sell up. Maybe all of it?

Where’s the motivation to sell, he might as well hang on, pray he makes a successful appointment (that’d make a change) and slowly crawls forward. The financial performance suggests the business has little value and it could be questionable whether it’s a going concern.

As fans, we are just powerless customers. Talks of boycotting etc are pointless and all they will achieve is to bring us closer to extinction 

We need a strong managerial appointment more than we’ve ever needed anything before

Why are talks of boycotting pointless? It worked at Blackpool. DC is the wrong owner for SWFC and if he won’t leave by his own volition then we need to make it clear he isn’t wanted by staying away. SWFC won’t go extinct. 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Since when did football fans, upset at the running of their football club, have to come up with a fully costed alternative business plan including the names of the investors, before calling for the head of their Chairman?

All the "Careful what you wish for" defenders are defending the indefensible.

Tell us how you feel the club can go forward WITHOUT change at the top

Piece of pi 55 that. I was expected to sort out COVID in March because I was pointing out what a dismal job the government was doing. I was also working from home at the same time!

lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Grandad said:

Personally I don't think we can, nothing Chansiri has done in the last 3 years has indicated he is likely to change the senior management structure at the club, and that imho is what is needed.

My worst fear isn't that because Chansiri loses interest / runs out of money, we end up in admin - somebody will always buy SWFC and at the administrators' price not Chansiri's.

My worst fear is that Chansiri keeps Hillsborough and we end up being 'evicted' from our 'own' ground... Not sure I could handle 'home' games at the New York Stadium...

• Like 1

Wouldn’t any business person want to maximise their assets? 

I honestly don’t think he has any plan past ‘staying up’ this season. That means the value remains and he can sell up with the club going into a new season and fans back, presumably, on match days. 

If we go down then surely it would be ‘Admin’ and cutting his losses and selling club and ground to whoever wants it. 

What’s Mike Ashley doing these days ? 

Since when did football fans, upset at the running of their football club, have to come up with a fully costed alternative business plan including the names of the investors, before calling for the head of their Chairman?

The "name someone who will buy us" is my favourite as if everyone on owlstalk knows a handful of billionaire tycoons 

I used “careful what you wish for” not about now but about what happened in the period 2005 to 2010. On Owlstalk at the time , there was vitriol about the existing shareholder base and general consensus that we needed a rich owner.

There were proposals from a number of local business supporters to have a new share issue to solve the financial issues quite early on. But the reaction was that the average supporter already paid too much without putting their hands any deeper in their pockets.

Before and during the Sheard fiasco, I warned about being careful what you wish for. There had been other options. So it has all gradually gone wrong. We gave our shares in the club to Mandaric (except for Messrs Hulley, Addey and Allen who had a delayed payment deal linked to the cash they put in and their 10% ownership resulting from the Charterhouse pull out). And then Mandaric sold the club to Chansiri). 

It is not what I wished for although we have been very unlucky.  But for those who still think Mandaric is a hero, he was the one who carefully chose Chansiri! 

There were no other options. A supporters ‘buy out’ wasn’t feasible. Shares weren’t given away without a lot of soul searching. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but at the time ...offering a better option would have very good. It didn’t happen. It is what it is. No blame for me except a handful of ex Directors who clung on to power for too long in the hope they could get more for their positions and damn the club. 

And unfortunately non of us can really influence anything right now. Unless someone has huge amounts of dosh they want to waste on a club they love. 

5 hours ago, owls maniac said:

I suspect they will try and get fans to forfeit a refund this season in exchange for a League One ST. 

Fans need to boycott with their feet and demand their money back. Starve the egotistical clown of cash because protests aren’t gonna work when he’s in Thailand. 

We're still waiting on refunds for last season.

He couldn't give a monkeys about the fans.