Joost Van Aken

7 hours ago, vulva said:

Well I’m in the ‘there is a player’ camp. Played a decent standard in Holland and now Germany and capped at Under 21 level. 

Seems quite a few on here have changed their minds. 

Reading that it seems the majority thought he had an OK game but judgement would be reserved until they had seen him over a longer period and particularly against more robust forwards.

The 'decent standard' he is playing at in Germany is lower than Championship level and he is not exactly excelling at that by the accounts I have seen. Under 21 caps aren't always a good barometer of a players ability, plenty have had caps at that level and not pushed on. 

Guest wilyfox
14 hours ago, vulva said:

I agree that some of our signings have been very dubious, but at what point do we question what happens when they get here. 

We seem to be very good at ending careers.  

..particularly in the striker department. Rhodes & Winnall scored wherever else they've been. We turn them into a coupla floppy coćks. We have no cover for Börner with Thorniley and Bates gone. Van Aken remains under contract so I'm sure Monk will take a look. Has it all to do if he's to turn his Wednesday career around - if you can call it that.