Old Wednesdayite Car park.

The car park's not opening on Saturday because it's "not viable" for the number of cars they get now due to the road closures.

Not sure how viable it needs to be if they're donating the proceeds to charity anyway, but it's another kick in the teeth for those who rely on it. 

Guest The Claw
On 25/10/2019 at 12:21, oldtawnyowl said:

Was disappointed to find the old Wednesdayite car park closed last Tuesday evening.

Not all that surprised as patronage has been falling match on match since the closure of Penistone Road for a short time after games.

The main problem for me was there was no warning that the car park was to be closed leading to last minute panic trying to find alternative parking. Drove round the block again and was unfortunately the first one too late at the car park on Herries Road, arriving just as the attendant announced "Sorry full-up"

Took a chance and parked opposite the steel stockholders further down Herries Rd - £35 now on it's way to the B@stards at SYC :sad:. Not complaining too much as I knew I was taking a risk.

Anyway, now you've read my tail of woe:rolleyes: :-

Does anyone on here know if the Wednesdayite carpark is now permanently closed or was Tuesday evening a one off?

cyclists complained they could not use it on match days

On 26/10/2019 at 10:26, Buxtongent said:

Who's this meant to be addressed to?

Can't be Wednesdayite since they own neither shares or the Car Park

They NEVER owned the car park. In fact it was waste land owned by some Land Corporation or other, and W'ite simply leased the land for specific periods.The cost of parking was to belay the cost of the lease. The Car Park workers were volunteers, as you most probably well know! Suggest you stop poo stirring!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSHHHHHHHHHH

:tango:

• Haha 1