Old Wednesdayite Car park.

1 hour ago, oldtawnyowl said:

This is the point, the old Wednesdayite car park (opposite the kop) Has been open for every game this season until last Tuesday, we have used it for each game and surprisingly the hold up due to the temporary closure of Penistone Road has only added 5 or 10 minutes to our journey home to Crookes.

NB. Don't try Parking at Rivelin or Marlcliffe School.

This letter is a hoax. See article in tonight's "Star"

Sorry what letter - i'm only referring to the website that's offering car parking at those schools? Are you saying the website is hoax? 

50 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Park in Sainsbury’s. Buy a £3 meal deal & keep your receipt. Not much further to walk, undercover dry parking & you get fed. Simples! 

And its a damn sight cheaper then paying rip off prices in the ground for food. 

2 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

This is just not true. The road has been re-opened within about 20/30 minutes of the final whistle and we have found it easier to exit the car park than before the present restrictions:rolleyes:

Sorry I meant if you immediately wanted to drive home 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigdan2003 said:

Sorry what letter - i'm only referring to the website that's offering car parking at those schools? Are you saying the website is hoax? 

According to "The Star" a letter was handed out to to some Owls fans prior to the Stoke game telling them that parking was available at Rivelin and Marlcliffe Schools at a charge of £5.

The "Star" goes on to say that this is a fake letter and not true.

A picture of the letter does, at first sight, appear to be on an official SWFC letter head, but the fact that the old "minimalist" Owls badge alongside the current badge intimates that it is not, in fact, genuine.

Why would anyone go to such trouble to produce such misinformation is beyond me.

Some really sad B@stards about aren't there.WTF:

3 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Thanks DeeJayOne. Even as a ST holder I was thinking of giving this one a miss and watching on TV, but will now be therelol

Would it be possible for Owlstalk to post on here whenever they plan to open the car park.

Thanks again.:rolleyes:

Keep an eye on their facebook page:

14 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Keep an eye on their facebook page:

Thanks @DeeJayOne. But I'm afraid I'll have to rely on OT.

Don't do Facebook, Twitter etc. I'm afraid.  Google, Text messaging, on line shopping, booking holidays and, of course Owlstalk, are just about the limit of my IT capabilities.lol

16 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Thanks @DeeJayOne. But I'm afraid I'll have to rely on OT.

Don't do Facebook, Twitter etc. I'm afraid.  Google, Text messaging, on line shopping, booking holidays and, of course Owlstalk, are just about the limit of my IT capabilities.lol

I don't do Facebook either but some group pages can be viewed without needing to log in. This page is one of them so you should be able to see any updates via the link.

https://www.facebook.com/charitycarparks/?hc_ref=ARTHx-4S4MuJfTItmpWaTCffj9AAy3WPnLu838lee1JJPhNKU4ITqPBOfr6DLYmhfvo&fref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARBKajWhzj0aJG6r6sNdg7Evw8wcHC70y9frrFRt8kYvVZTHAb_BhTA_wkWtPus42Fk3-oAIL4FUmb21xIzrw7ouHVaKF1Zzgegli3dghBYrAiaaEMxKVDcpUXZ6fcSoGf2wXv9eG9rl_Yzw4v8LcVL7hbY9JLXrx4krZWpZkfQr-5ppqmBs591pZ9yei91p9-oofqudFIc-YQW1RG9KhfWDdz6M9tyi9kKjabpq8EYotdeYt6JR6-MZE9oGw8CZd3rkvequDKCMzVJquWi9NV1PtBFQ6m4P60Me0sSFPynNvYyAzfBjI07u806oENQXb1PGk9NSPf7dsUbQhrbV4hV6ZrFa&__tn__=kC-R

59 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

According to "The Star" a letter was handed out to to some Owls fans prior to the Stoke game telling them that parking was available at Rivelin and Marlcliffe Schools at a charge of £5.

The "Star" goes on to say that this is a fake letter and not true.

A picture of the letter does, at first sight, appear to be on an official SWFC letter head, but the fact that the old "minimalist" Owls badge alongside the current badge intimates that it is not, in fact, genuine.

Why would anyone go to such trouble to produce such misinformation is beyond me.

Some really sad B@stards about aren't there.WTF:

jeeez. That’s scary. 

49 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Thanks @hirstyboywonder .

I've bookmarked this post so will be able to access whenever needed.

Us IT novices need all the help we can get.lol

20 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Gi shares back 

an't  carpark 

Who's this meant to be addressed to?

Can't be Wednesdayite since they own neither shares or the Car Park

They NEVER owned the car park. In fact it was waste land owned by some Land Corporation or other, and W'ite simply leased the land for specific periods.The cost of parking was to belay the cost of the lease. The Car Park workers were volunteers, as you most probably well know! Suggest you stop poo stirring!!

Guest Grez Bez
21 hours ago, MAL said:

Probarbly people that are not selfish. 

They might think about other people,  the ones that need to park outside their own homes.

Then they won't have to walk 5 minutes to get to their own house. 

Nobody thinks like that