If the 93 replay had gone to penalties??

Woods is rightly criticised  imo as it was shocking goalkeeping. All keepers make mistakes, but he went down instead of standing tall where he would have just tipped it over or even caught it. As for Bright, yes he missed a sitter but it wasn’t as bad as that Brighton miss in 1983

He should have jumped better with Linighan, I can assume that it was possibly down to tiredness.

Strikers miss chances all the time but goalkeepers whilst making errors should be expected to deal with a routine header and get their positioning correct.

Edited by sexpistol

On 15/06/2019 at 10:31, alanharper said:

Speaking of penalties in 1995 - knowing us we'd probably have been 3-0 up in the shootout and still lost. I've still never seen another team manage that, before or since. 

Yea I agree. Unbelievable!!

Mind you I remember Huddersfield Town missing their first 3 penalties in a shoot out but still winning!!

Can't remember who it was against though.:rolleyes::Sid::tango:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sexpistol said:

Woods is rightly criticised  imo as it was shocking goalkeeping. All keepers make mistakes, but he went down instead of standing tall where he would have just tipped it over or even caught it. As for Bright, yes he missed a sitter but it wasn’t as bad as that Brighton miss in 1983 

He should have jumped better with Linighan, I can assume that it was possibly down to tiredness.

Strikers miss chances all the time but goalkeepers whilst making errors should be expected to deal with a routine header and get their positioning correct.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Bright was about 8 yards out, middle of the goal. It was as bad as Smith's miss. Both should have scored but at least Smith hit the target and, in a way, was a bit unlucky as it got stuck between Bailey's legs (unlike in the semi where Bolder made a decent save but the rebound bounced out to Robinson....and the rest is history!)