How many of our best XI regularly start?

3 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Penny

Hutch

Lee

Bannan

Fess

Reach

Joao

Joao as the front central striker.....you’ve seen something in his game that I’ve never witnessed!

On 11/11/2018 at 16:14, George Whitebread said:

Is anyone else getting pee'd off at not seeing the starting XI you really want to see?

This is what I think our best XI (minus the long-term injured) probably is. 

.............................. Westwood ..............................
................ Lees ......... Hector ......... Pudl .............
Pelupessy .... Hutchinson .... Bannan ......... Boyd 

..... Reach .................. Joao ........... Forestieri .....

__
I'd at least like to see how this side would do, anyway. 

And, before anyone loses their shizzle over the RWB. I think he's the best we have for that position and he's not as good in DM as Hutchinson, so the solution is obvious to me.
Plus, Sammy helping him on that side and Bannan helping Boyd works in my head. Penny coming on for Boyd if his legs go. 
__

Anyway, my point is that I think that only 4 of our best players are consistently selected (Lees, Pelupessy, Bannan, Reach)
I know that Hector & Pudl are sometimes, but not always. Let's say 4-6 and do a deal at 5 - still less than half a team!

How many of your best XI are regular starters? 

BOYD, "you cannot be serious"  as John McEnroe once screamed............biggest waste of money EVER!          :mad:

On 11/11/2018 at 18:03, George Whitebread said:

Doesn't including the caveat "what they did last year or earlier" mean that, by definition, only the players that Luhukay picks are considered? 

That kinda pees on the question really. I'm wanting to know how many you're disappointed with not seeing in the starting line up often enough. 

Unless you're saying that if Luhukay doesn't pick them, you assume he's right and that your own eyes were lying to you when you saw them play much better than whoever is in their place this season? 

Is it really just Matias and Forestieri? Otherwise, you're pretty happy with the team selections?

As you said bud, we havnt seen many of them in a very long time. 

Westwood has been injured way too much and for long periods during Carlos & jos tenures, so how do WE know if he's still as agile with good reflexes and physically or has all the injuries taken its toll on his now aging body, what evidence do we have he's still a heroic shot stopper?? 

The same can be said sadly of kieron Lee (probably one of my favourite players to play for us in the last 20 years), is he capable of still doing the stuff that made him so effective for us. 

Hooper & Hutch similarly. 

As for the trio of Abdi, Boyd & Jones. Abdi hasn't played football (really) in 3 years. 

Jones and Boyd both looked like they were spent forces, the legs and engines and to some extent enthusiasm had gone when they played last year, so no surprise were preferring younger legs than them. 

To be honest most of them pudil included are all now 30 somethings with tired old legs and on the way down or out physically, so whos to say jos sees everyday in training what we don't and that is maybe the problem. 

Remember the past with fondness. 

Look to the future with hope!