How many of our best XI regularly start?

Is anyone else getting pee'd off at not seeing the starting XI you really want to see?

This is what I think our best XI (minus the long-term injured) probably is. 

.............................. Westwood ..............................
................ Lees ......... Hector ......... Pudl .............
Pelupessy .... Hutchinson .... Bannan ......... Boyd 

..... Reach .................. Joao ........... Forestieri .....

__
I'd at least like to see how this side would do, anyway. 

And, before anyone loses their shizzle over the RWB. I think he's the best we have for that position and he's not as good in DM as Hutchinson, so the solution is obvious to me.
Plus, Sammy helping him on that side and Bannan helping Boyd works in my head. Penny coming on for Boyd if his legs go. 
__

Anyway, my point is that I think that only 4 of our best players are consistently selected (Lees, Pelupessy, Bannan, Reach)
I know that Hector & Pudl are sometimes, but not always. Let's say 4-6 and do a deal at 5 - still less than half a team!

How many of your best XI are regular starters? 

4 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Speak for yourself. I have no real interest in seeing Boyd, Hutchinson or Westwood.

Whilst I think their days at SWFC are numbered I’d love to see them move on and prove a lot of people wrong.

The way some of our experienced professionals have been treated - and the lack of explanation to the fans - is nothing short of disgraceful.

and before anybody else starts with the ‘but we don’t know what they have done’ - it’s always up to the manager and hierarchy to get the best out of their resources.

When you have the number of high earners that we have who have suddenly become the worst players ever to wear a blue and white striped shirt you know something is wrong behind the scenes.

I was speaking for myself. 

It posed a question. How many of YOUR best XI are regular starters? 

I just thought I'd provide my answer as a starter for ten (albeit I did half-expect my answer to end up being scrutinised more than answers actually being given. 

I'm more interested in which of our regular starters people generally agree on. 

Any advance on Lees, Pelupessy, Bannan & Reach? 

Fletcher, maybe?

11 minutes ago, George Whitebread said:

Is anyone else getting pee'd off at not seeing the starting XI you really want to see?

__

And, before anyone loses their shizzle over the RWB. I think he's the best we have for that position and he's not as good in DM as Hutchinson, so the solution is obvious to me.
Plus, Sammy helping him on that side and Bannan helping Boyd works in my head. Penny coming on for Boyd if his legs go. 
__

Anyway, my point is that I think that only 4 of our best players are consistently selected (Lees, Pelupessy, Bannan, Reach)
I know that Hector & Pudl are sometimes, but not always. Let's say 4-6 and do a deal at 5 - still less than half a team!

Interesting that you think that’s our best eleven.

Opinions Opinions

Just now, pj owl said:

Whilst I think their days at SWFC are numbered I’d love to see them move on and prove a lot of people wrong.

The way some of our experienced professionals have been treated - and the lack of explanation to the fans - is nothing short of disgraceful.

and before anybody else starts with the ‘but we don’t know what they have done’ - it’s always up to the manager and hierarchy to get the best out of their resources.

When you have the number of high earners that we have who have suddenly become the worst players ever to wear a blue and white striped shirt you know something is wrong behind the scenes.

I'm not saying they've suddenly become the worst players ever to wear the shirt and i couldn't care less about the conspiracy theories. I'm saying that I'd rather look to the future than the past. As for them being treated disgracefully, I totally disagree. Football is a business and if, and it's still an if the rumours of appearance based contract renewals are true, it would be staggeringly foolish to play those players.

4 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Interesting that you think that’s our best eleven.

Opinions Opinions

I nearly wrote that it is opinions that I'm interested in. Not that I'm claiming that this is some sort of objective truth. But I assumed that it was too obvious because "best" can only ever be subjective. 

3 minutes ago, George Whitebread said:

I was speaking for myself. 

It posed a question. How many of YOUR best XI are regular starters? 

I just thought I'd provide my answer as a starter for ten (albeit I did half-expect my answer to end up being scrutinised more than answers actually being given. 

I'm more interested in which of our regular starters people generally agree on. 

Any advance on Lees, Pelupessy, Bannan & Reach? 

Fletcher, maybe?

You're right. It is all a matter of opinion mate. Personally don't think we have a single player capable of playing wing back so would always go with a 4 at the back (probably Palmer, Lees, Thorniley and Pudil.) CM of Hector and Bannan, (personally think Pelupessy is where much of it all goes wrong for us,) FF and Reach wide with Fletcher and Joao (until Winnall is fit) up top. If Hutchinson was available would try him at right back instead of Palmer. Also can't see that Dawson is better than Westwood all round. Introduce Penney slowly.... think we still have the makings of a good side.....

2 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I'm not saying they've suddenly become the worst players ever to wear the shirt and i couldn't care less about the conspiracy theories. I'm saying that I'd rather look to the future than the past. As for them being treated disgracefully, I totally disagree. Football is a business and if, and it's still an if the rumours of appearance based contract renewals are true, it would be staggeringly foolish to play those players.

OK, so let's say there is the politics involved. That doesn't change the point of the OP. 

I'm asking how many of what you think are the best players at Sheffield Wednesday are actually featuring regularly. 

The reasons for those not featuring is a different matter. 

Octopussy is the kind of player that looks half decent in a rubbish side cos he throws himself about a bit. Hutch looked a busted flush at Brentford - we need someone who can tackle AND pass. Never thought I’d be envious of Utd having Fleck - TBH would rather see Onomah starting more than Joey. 

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet

4 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Often don't see things the same way as you mate but I do agree that we 'owe' the players nowt. Football clubs are absolutely bent over by greedy players and their agents much of the time. Sure, loyalty when it exists should be repayed but in reality I suspect that there is precious little of it in football other than from us dumb fans...

:picnic:

2 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Octopussy is the kind of player that looks half decent in a rubbish side cos he throws himself about a bit. Hutch looked a busted flush at Brentford - we need someone who can tackle AND pass. Never thought I’d be envious of Utd having Fleck - TBH would rather see Onomah starting more than Joey. 

I half thought that Onomah might be just what we needed alongside Bannan, but he was diabolical against Norwich. Maybe that was just a one off? I've only been going to Home games and watching us on TV. So, I don't know how well every appearance has gone, tbh.  

10 minutes ago, George Whitebread said:

I nearly wrote that it is opinions that I'm interested in. Not that I'm claiming that this is some sort of objective truth. But I assumed that it was too obvious because "best" can only ever be subjective. 

Exactly, for what it’s worth and based purely on my opinion of their most recent performances and not what they did last year or earlier.

Dawson

Lees  Hector  Thornily

Palmer Reach Bannan Penney

Matias Fletcher Forestieri 

As I said Opinions Opinions.

17 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

As for them being treated disgracefully, I totally disagree. Football is a business and if, and it's still an if the rumours of appearance based contract renewals are true, it would be staggeringly foolish to play those players.

All of the top businesses treat their employees with respect and are generally considered great places to work. Have a look on CNBC.com or the Sunday Times lists.

Don’t think SWFC would get anywhere near that at the moment.

39 minutes ago, George Whitebread said:

__

__

Why would you want one or two or more in your starting 11 who appear to be a disruptive force at SWFC. Why do you think they are not being picked. Why do you think at one time not too long ago there names were one of the first on the team sheet but  not now. Also they dont appear to be injured. Food for thought, hey. 

................................... Westwood

(but as he's not played for a year, I'm not sure he's still the best)

............................... Lees, Hector, Thorniley..............

Baker (or Palmer. Much of a muchness)..............Penney

...........................Bannan, Hutchinson

............Reach................................Forestieri,

..................................Fletcher

So at most, just two of my "best" players are not regular starters.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pj owl said:

All of the top businesses treat their employees with respect and are generally considered great places to work. Have a look on CNBC.com or the Sunday Times lists.

Don’t think SWFC would get anywhere near that at the moment.

I couldn't care less to be honest.