Rhodes fails to score on debut

2 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

I’m not having that...have you been in Sheffield centre recently...there’s massive apartment blocks popping up all over the place and cranes everywhere..I wer in Norwich 2 weeek ago didn’t see any tall buildings and only saw one tinpot Micky mouse crane

But they are all just student accommodation.

Unless i have been wooshed.

1 minute ago, Lichfield alien said:

A lot of them are so what? Students love our city and shitloads make their home here once they’ve done wotever they are doin...isn’t that a good thing?

Yeah, it is a good thing, best retention figures for students, but, IMHO if the students weren't here, this City would die.

We have not improved anything apart from building more, more, and even more student accommodation, when we cannot fill all the accommodation we already have (yes i know they are private).

Just didn't think it was a fantastic thing, trying to better the other posters "Dynamic" quote with student accommodation.

4 minutes ago, MAL said:

Yeah, it is a good thing, best retention figures for students, but, IMHO if the students weren't here, this City would die.

We have not improved anything apart from building more, more, and even more student accommodation, when we cannot fill all the accommodation we already have (yes i know they are private).

Just didn't think it was a fantastic thing, trying to better the other posters "Dynamic" quote with student accommodation.

• I’m saying Sheffield is a lot more dynamic than Norwich.:stuwinky:  Several councils for the last 20 years are trying to turn Sheffield into a poverty ridden cesspit with this city of sanctuary nonsense..and it’s worked in places like burngreave page hall broom hall etc..but the rest of us are doin ok..imo
Edited by Lichfield alien