#SWFC back Goo Design

Sheffielder Matt Cockayne and 39 other artists are set to hit the road in the name of charity and the Owls are right behind this innovative campaign!

Back in March 2017, Matt – of Goo design – was busy devising a way of undertaking a public display of art that would involve the city of Sheffield.

Raising funds for The Roundabout Youth Homelessness Charity, Matt’s idea ‘Bangers and Cash', is for the artists to showcase their work on old cars, which will then be driven all the way from Sheffield to Monte Carlo, through Europe!

The cars, worth no more than £650 in value, will each have their own unique design and Matt has ensured Sheffield Wednesday will be well represented on the journey!

Check out his SWFC-themed motor here!

The car...

bangers3.jpg

The bonnet...

bangers4.jpg

The unique event has been backed by local and national businesses and as excitement builds, all 40 car and bonnet designs will be on show in the Winter Gardens in August before the rally takes place the following month!

The car will also be on display at Owls in the Park on Sunday 1 July!

The bonnets will then be auctioned in October and the proceeds will be donated to the Roundabout Charity!

Matt said: “Being a creative mind, I have a lot of ideas. I’m not a fan of self-absorbent art exhibitions and would much rather be involved with other artists and creative minds alike.

“I racked my brain for a couple of weeks but few ideas that would raise much profile came to mind until ‘Bangers and Cash’!

“The cars will drive through Europe, over the famous Alps chugging along to the end of the rally in one piece in Monte Carlo - raising lots of money for charity!

Owlstalk Shop