Jordan Rhodes - WINNER

I am often called deluded for saying that the issues at are club are not CC but go much deeper than that. However the level of delusion surrounding Jordan Rhodes is almost unbelievable. Do most of you watch him play? Yes his movement in the box is still good but unfortunately a bit slower than in previous years but his play outside of the box is almost non-existent. Especially in the first half he lost almost every challenge he went for (in fact Millwall's goal started with him losing a challenge for the ball).

Massive pressure on CC now to play him on Saturday which will be a mistake imo. 

Lots of of downward arrows coming up but I hope you will all be back after his ineffective performance on Saturday, if he does play.

Really hope I'm wrong and I'll be back to acknowledge that if I am but unless there's a big turnaround that I can't see Jordan Rhodes scoring lots of goals for our club.

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

Every striker misses chances, including easy ones. What looks like an easy chance to the fans might not be to the striker, particularly in and around the 6 yard box. It only needs to be slightly behind, too far in front, too quick, defender giving a nudge.

If JR sticks another 19 in this season I don't care how many he misses.lol

Agree with your first para but most on here would be criticizing other players for missing chances like that. If he continues to miss chances like that there's no chance of him scoring another 19.

11 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Agree with your first para but most on here would be criticizing other players for missing chances like that. If he continues to miss chances like that there's no chance of him scoring another 19.

I do agree that he should have done better with the other chances. To be fair, hitting the post was just unfortunate, did everything right.

However, strikers do not get that instinct needed when they're warming the bench. He's proven in the past he's lethal in this league but he's shot of any confidence. He has had another game this season which he started and he had 2 or 3 good chances but just didn't fall right.

As long as he's getting in those positions the hardest part is done. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later that he starts finishing them