Matias / Boyd

it is a shame we have never seen much of Abdi, Matias should have progressed after that goal at Leeds in his first season. We don't seem to get the best of some players. I think his transfers would look a lot worse if Westwood, Lees and Loovens hadn't been so good over the last 2 seasons.

2 hours ago, cookeh said:

Latest on Boud is that he had surgery on his shoulder but it didn't resolve the problem.

He went in for surgery again a week or so ago, which seem to have gone well and he's ok now.

However he needs to recover and then get back into training, so probably unlikely to see him before xmas.

:picnic:   feck me we have some sh*t luck with signings

On 10/19/2017 at 18:56, steelowl said:

:picnic:   feck me we have some sh*t luck with signings

Sh*t luck with surgeries as well. Much of Matias' time out last season was due to failed surgery iirc. When you go for the 2nd it generally has to be more invasive than the first so not only do you lose the time where you were trying to find out if the first surgery was successful, but also the recovery is likely to be longer from the 2nd one.

On 10/19/2017 at 16:55, tarn owl said:

it is a shame we have never seen much of Abdi, Matias should have progressed after that goal at Leeds in his first season. We don't seem to get the best of some players. I think his transfers would look a lot worse if Westwood, Lees and Loovens hadn't been so good over the last 2 seasons.

I have a feeling that anew manager and a system that player wingers would suddenly see a Matias flourish.

Westwood
Hunt - Lees - van Aken - Reach

Matias - Lee - Jones - Bannan - Nando
Hooper/Rhodes

That line up should get the job done 9 out of 10 times. With Boyd to come back and Reach able to step up to wing we've got cover. The problem is Carlos is in love with 442.

Matias made the fatal mistake of not sticking to the Semedo speed training program. He also passed a ball forward to feet. An appalling dereliction of Duty. 

As for boyd. He was a bad buy. Then again Wednesday have doubled his wages so what's he care if he's not played at his age. He won't have to open a pub now when he retires