A year ago

They dont,but they do indicate a certain level of entertainment and an ability to put teams away .Newcastle and Brighton did that last season.H town didn't score too many and in both play-off games if we had taken a quarter of our chances we'd be in the big league .As I said previously , I think such shortcomings will be evident again but hope I'm wrong .

40 minutes ago, Liamswfc92 said:

After Wembley we all said we'd come back stronger and go one better, but that didn't happen. The signings were good on paper but we had no clear/concise style of play.

We had enough quality to win the playoffs last season but it's more a case of the tactics that were deployed and the players bought into that. Our plan was to grind out results but it was awful and boring to watch. I see no reason why it won't be any different this time around and it's a concern.

We finished 4th which was an improvement in league position and points total, but we did worse by losing in the SF. That 6 game winning streak at the end papered over the cracks.

I don't have a short memory though and we have come far in a short space of time. We're lucky to have DC as our owner and I believe he will take us to where we want to be. 

We have to assume that Carlos will be more positive this year.

Certainly having four first-choice wingers suggests we will have better balance and more width. And his utterances about FF suggests we will be playing two strikers.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Didn't we? If I recall correctly during the play-off final season we were all bemoaning our injury luck

At a very quick glance (so may be wrong on the overall picture), Hutch played fewer games in 15/16 than last season, Lees and Loovens played the same number in both seasons and Forestieri played only two less games this season than last. I think we've had pretty bad luck with injuries for both seasons to be honest! 

Indeed, but significantly Lee and Hooper were out for v long periods - important variables missed out, when looking at the outcome. 

Edited by AwokenGiant