3 things i definitely dont want to see

On 5/23/2017 at 19:22, Greenhgate Owl said:

Wallace and bannan need replacing for me

like you say Wallace is getting on and bannan doesn't do enough for me to warrant a start in a auto position chasing team

inch would be decent but derby will want silly money for him and would they sell to a rival

Bannan is probably our most underrated player and easily good enough in terms of ability. On the occasions when he hasn't played we've generally been garbage. It's why Carlos insists on playing him even when it messes up our balance. The question is whether you can get the best out of him in a 2 man midfield. He's be perfect as part of a 3.

7 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Bannan is probably our most underrated player and easily good enough in terms of ability. On the occasions when he hasn't played we've generally been garbage. It's why Carlos insists on playing him even when it messes up our balance. The question is whether you can get the best out of him in a 2 man midfield. He's be perfect as part of a 3.

underrated lol

the fans sing a song about him that's made him bigheaded

most overrated player since jj

On 5/25/2017 at 10:12, modboy said:

I would say ok

Certainly not up to the standard we need if we want autos  as he cant beat a man or chip in with goals

It's probably the hardest position to play these days as you need so many facets to your game (good going forward, good defensively, pace, a big engine, the ability to deliver quality etc etc). Very few full backs even in the premiership possess all of these. 

Since Christmas Hunt stacks up pretty well against other top full backs in this league. I don't see many who would do a better job at this level.

On 24/05/2017 at 09:16, TrueOwl said:

Westwood
Hunt Lees New  Reach
      Hutch   Bannan
 Jota   Abdi  Forestieri
          Winnall

Missing puzzle piece

Winnall over Rhodes? No thanks.

4 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

It's probably the hardest position to play these days as you need so many facets to your game (good going forward, good defensively, pace, a big engine, the ability to deliver quality etc etc).

And this is the problem as he doesn't have any bar pace. It's been our weakest position for two seasons now.

Edited by roundhayowl

51 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

And this is the problem as he doesn't have any bar pace. It's been our weakest position for two seasons now.

Well his final ball has certainly improved massively and he provides a good outlet going forward down that side. Defensively he's a bit hit and miss but what attacking fullback isn't. There's a shortage of quality players in this position so finding a better replacement won't be easy.

2 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Well his final ball has certainly improved massively and he provides a good outlet going forward down that side.

Bar that Birmingham game cross, I can barely recall any others. He is an outlet in that he makes himself available, but it never goes anywhere as he simply lacks the quality. He can run, but that's it. If we play with an actual winger who is told to play like a winger then maybe we can get away with it but if we need a full back to provide quality (based on Carlos's system) then we need far better.