Boro fan's opinion of the Reach and Rhodes transfers

9 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Our own manager has said the quoted figures are way off the mark.

Just to re-iterate, that's WAY off the mark.

And the press didn't quote figures, they made them up to no doubt generate interest in their articles.

If you're going to form an opinion based on the fee we paid, might be worth taking into account what Carlos says and base your opinion on a more realistic figure?

To be fair and I'm not saying it's the case cos I know nowt either way. But Carlos has been known to tell a few porkies where players are concerned. Didn't he say we weren't after Rhodes and some other signings cos we weren't in the market for that type of player and Rhodes was dreamland because of ffp 

On 09/03/2017 at 02:16, yunga_swfc said:

amazing how they've all turned on karanka after how they all reacted when he quit for 1 game then came back last season

problem is when you are down at bottom it seems to the thing to do is change your manager

Some on here thinks it is a good idea to change your manager when you are 6th and in play off positions. 

11 hours ago, Blueblood said:

To be fair and I'm not saying it's the case cos I know nowt either way. But Carlos has been known to tell a few porkies where players are concerned. Didn't he say we weren't after Rhodes and some other signings cos we weren't in the market for that type of player and Rhodes was dreamland because of ffp 

That was when we were after players, probably to help us negotiate a price we're happy with. Makes no sense to rubbish the fees in the media after we've bought them.

We are paying/paid £3.6 million for Reach and £6.8 million for Rhodes.

One is a good young, versatile Champ player who has the potential to get better. The other is proven with a great record in the Champ in/approaching his prime. Add to that they both seem to be good blokes with the right attitude then for me they have been very good buys and the best should follow.

The fees aren't as high as they are being reported and for what you have to pay these days in the Champ I don't think the fees are an issue. Lets focus on the players we have rather than the fees, ultimately we aren't being ripped off and if they contribute significantly (which they are doing) and we end up in the Prem it's money very well spent.

I'm glad they are both our players especially Rhodes. Lets support and enjoy them.