Blatant penalty yesterday

44 minutes ago, SheffieldGraduate said:

I request that you look back at this incedent. I suggest you will see that the Villa player pushes Hutchison before Hutchison grabs Villa players shirt.

My conclusion, a foul for Wednesday. The first offence against Wednesday player. Am I slightly bias ? Make your own mind up.

I agree, it's just what Sky were banging on about

I didn't watch SKY, and I detest ANY football coverage, because of incidents like this. They should not be allowed slow motion replays unless, as in cricket and Rugby, the game has come to a stop and and appeal has been made. Can you imagine football being allowed only two referrals.The Referee has to make his mind up instantly and move his attention elsewhere. As Keith Hackett said at a talk given to Wise Old Owls last week, that contrary to what many football fans believe, very few Football League Referees are 'bent', but many are the incidents that go unseen. Some are not sufficiently proficient, some are unaided by their Linos, and some make genuine mistakes. He did make one point, however. Many fans are not sufficiently proficient in their knowledge of football rules. He did mention several Sites on the Internet, and I visited one last season, when a Ref gave one of our players offside when he scored from the rebound off the GK. Our player was in an offside position when the ball came back to him. I thought this incorrect and was surprised when, on visiting this website, I found the Ref correct. Many football commentators are too 'hyped up' and full of themselves. Funny. Ex-Footballers often go on to be armchair critics, very few go on to Refereeing.

Cricket, with its slower tempo, stopped the replay on the big screen in slo-mo, unless the Umps were found to be wanting. Even the introduction of front-foot,hotspot,snicko etc has proved that on most occasions the Umpire was correct originally 

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

I didn't watch SKY, and I detest ANY football coverage, because of incidents like this. They should not be allowed slow motion replays unless, as in cricket and Rugby, the game has come to a stop and and appeal has been made. Can you imagine football being allowed only two referrals.The Referee has to make his mind up instantly and move his attention elsewhere. As Keith Hackett said at a talk given to Wise Old Owls last week, that contrary to what many football fans believe, very few Football League Referees are 'bent', but many are the incidents that go unseen. Some are not sufficiently proficient, some are unaided by their Linos, and some make genuine mistakes. He did make one point, however. Many fans are not sufficiently proficient in their knowledge of football rules. He did mention several Sites on the Internet, and I visited one last season, when a Ref gave one of our players offside when he scored from the rebound off the GK. Our player was in an offside position when the ball came back to him. I thought this incorrect and was surprised when, on visiting this website, I found the Ref correct. Many football commentators are too 'hyped up' and full of themselves. Funny. Ex-Footballers often go on to be armchair critics, very few go on to Refereeing.

Cricket, with its slower tempo, stopped the replay on the big screen in slo-mo, unless the Umps were found to be wanting. Even the introduction of front-foot,hotspot,snicko etc has proved that on most occasions the Umpire was correct originally 

The incident referred to seemed to be reviewed after he saw it on the big telly IIRC