Shawlane aquaforce vs sheffield Wednesday

Couldn't make it in the end Council as I won't be down in England until Saturday morning.

As promised, I've made my donation to a fantastic cause. Great effort by you, Craig and everyone involved in getting this fundraiser going and attending/contributing to it - enjoyed the goals, and great to see Craig bag a penalty.

Hopefully, £10,000 will be smashed in no time at all.

PS, who played the ball through for Wednesday's third goal btw?!
Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Enjoyed it last night, was good to see our dev squad for first time.

Heres my match report , would appreciate if Kivo or someone could put names to numbers for me.

For anyone who didn't go the match was a friendly but the game was played like a competitive one , barring the last couple of minutes and that pen.

1 the keeper (was this Dawson?) looked like the smallest player on the pitch , was dodgy from corners but was allright other than that.

2 Matt Young , played well scored with a sweetly struck shot, got forward snd supported well. Struggled last 10 minutes against Aquas no.7 who had blistering pace and looked a good player.

3. Floro , very good going forward. But has to realise his defendive duties must come first. Left gaps behind him all night and wasn't tracking his runner. A long way off on this showing.

5 and 6 Our centre halves, think 6 was Croasdale but his partner wearing 5 was more impressive for me. Both read the game quite well and cover the gaps. 5 was more combative and won most challenges where I thought 6 got bullied a bit.

4. Centre mid. Not sure who he was but was impressed. Always available for a pass , didn't mind a tackle and kept it simple and ticking over, a bit like Kieran Lee does.

No.8 his centre mid partner was also impressive, good on the ball , strong and competitive, liked to get forward but sometimes tried the glory pass too often instead of just keeping it simple.

7+11 our wide men. Both neat and tidy footballers, good on the ball , worked hard and linked well with the full backs and strikers, no.7 was man of match for me and his touch/ pass into Betra for the 3 rd goal was a great piece of skill and vision.

10. Dieservuwe or however you spell it has a lot of attributes to be a real handfull, quick strong and good feet. Caused them problems. Needs to work on his decision making and consistency.

9. Betra again caused them problems with his pace and movement, took his goal really well.

Needs more consistency also with touch and decision making.

All the players looked comfortable in posession and tried to play the Gray way.

Was nice to see players wearing 1 to 11 like in the good old days.

Edited by Fedor