Borthroyd is poo poo

Guest JC Saviour

Not sure what the plan was, we seem ill equipped to make either system work

I understand where you are coming from when yoiu mentioned earlier we were 2 players short of a mid div team. I honestly don't think we are because how many of the 8 outfield players (apart from the other 2) who are cutting it in this division. They should be but for whatever reason they ain't and thats the frustrating bit about all this.

Changing playing personnel isn't necessary the answer but coaching, tactics and moral are. By the way Bothroyd isn't the answer irrespective of what formation we play.

No but he is one of the few players we have that are championship quality Players are under performing no doubt about that, Bothroyd included, but as DJ says, we aren't far off, we aren't getting mullered every week. Sometimes if certain key components are missing, it ain't gonna work no matter what system you play.

He scored 45 goals in 133 matches for Cardiff under DJ including 20 in one season and got an England cap to reward his exploits. THAT'S why DJ wanted him - he thought he could re-ignite his 'glory days'. This isn't really rocket science.

Yes but you could also look at Charlie Austin who has scored 19 so far this season and its only November.

Guest foreverSWFC

Never ceases to amaze me how a few posters make out Jay Bothroyd to be some sort of footballing genius, a player who we should be eternally grateful to have at Hillsborough.

He's talented, anyone with half a brain cell can see that, but flip me does he flatter to deceive more often than not.

Why people afford him so many excuses for his indifferent form, yet castigate our own players like JJ for example, is beyond me.

This.

He's completely underperformed for us.

Unless he goes on some kind of goal spree, then I really couldn't care less if he didn't re sign in January, in fact I'd rather him go back to QPR.

For a player who got an England cap less than two years ago, is on Premier League wages and has scored consistently at Championship level for a number of year, he's been a MASSIVE letdown.

Guest totemowl

No but he is one of the few players we have that are championship quality Players are under performing no doubt about that, Bothroyd included, but as DJ says, we aren't far off, we aren't getting mullered every week. Sometimes if certain key components are missing, it ain't gonna work no matter what system you play.

Good points. I think what we lost early on is the momentum / confidence from last season. It was essential we retained that but, mainly cos of injuries, it fell by the wayside and our results collapsed as a result. It's exposed the weakness of the squad and now we have to strengthen fast.

Bothroyd back to QPR January, wont be missed,Barkley back to Everton who knows when, will be missed.Bring in two pacey forwards with eye for goal and this season can still be turned around.Lines back should allow us to play 442 and play are natural game.If Barkley goes how about Fat Frank Lampard as been told he has no future at Chelsea.I know we have no chance ,but couldnt we ask ? If not then Frimpong at Arsenal or Kenwynne Jones at Stoke,even Pennant at Stoke.Just a signing to lift the club and the fans,I know Lampards pie in the sky but there are some good premiership players out there who might fancy some game time.Time for DJ or Milan to pull out contact numbers and get this club bouncing again.Lets prove were hear to stay and not hear to make up the numbers.

Lampard signing for Wednesday? You might as well replace it with Rooney which is equally as likely.

Guest Bald Owl

Can't understand this love-affair with Kirkland! Yes, he's pulled off some superb saves ( but so did Bywater in the games he played) but he does not control his goal area like a class keeper should. And, he doesn'ty appear to command the res[pect of his defence. Any GK worth his salt tells his defence what to do, not the other way round. He does remind me a little of Joe Hart - not a great GK and certainly not England class..

And when, oh when, will he learn to catch a ball that's above shoulder height?

I suppose everyone's entitled to an opinion.

Guest zico sterland

I agree Ka we wont be signing Lampard,as I put pie in the sky,but as I said there are premiership players of a good standard out there who arent getting game time.Both MM and DJ must have contacts in the game and its time they used them.Bothroyd has been a waste of space ,but surely DJ should have known how unfit he was?As for who we can get in the likes of Cleverly were out on loan just over a season ago,the likes of Kenwynne Jones arent playing cant we ask about loans for a player or two of a standard to make a difference ?

Good points. I think what we lost early on is the momentum / confidence from last season. It was essential we retained that but, mainly cos of injuries, it fell by the wayside and our results collapsed as a result. It's exposed the weakness of the squad and now we have to strengthen fast.

Mainly because of injuries and Jones's premature tinkering.

Edited by Dagmeister