Owls best ever eleven (4-4-2)

Guest Hola Tidman

17 years old

Grant

simek

magic

batth

spurr (when he was first came onto the scene)

Brunt

whelan

Barkley

Marshall

Maclean

Tudgay

Bench: Kirkland, Buxton, reda, antonio, madine

going through that, we've had rumbleing shuffle strikers, took me ages to just think of them two ive put up top

since you including loans in that side, what about Kenwyne or agbonlahor or bothroyd?

These sort of lists are always subjective and how you judge a player by reading about him i've no idea.

But to suggest amateur players from the early years and even pros from as late as the 50s and 60s could compete with the players of today is to my mind ludicrous .

Football is a different game from the 70s even never mind earlier. The professionalism expected of League 2 blinds what the First Division Players were expected to show and fitness levels are off the scale to what they were.

Plus most people have a favourite era that coincides with their age and its usually late teens early/mid 20s so mine would be mid to late 80s.

In truth around that time we played some dreadful football, some brilliant stuff too, under Charlton and Sgt Wilko but it was exciting times mid 80s Charltons kick and rush reviled by everyone in the media but almost effective then Wilkos superfit form of kick and rush that was successful but when our record signing was Gary Thompson i think that says a lot cos he was rubbish.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

It's true what you say Lawrie Madden. But modern football is over rated in my opinion.

Football was more of a man's game and more enjoyable and better to watch in the past.

Sky, huge wages and rubbish ref's have ruined football as a sport.

These sort of lists are always subjective and how you judge a player by reading about him i've no idea.

But to suggest amateur players from the early years and even pros from as late as the 50s and 60s could compete with the players of today is to my mind ludicrous .

Football is a different game from the 70s even never mind earlier. The professionalism expected of League 2 blinds what the First Division Players were expected to show and fitness levels are off the scale to what they were.

Plus most people have a favourite era that coincides with their age and its usually late teens early/mid 20s so mine would be mid to late 80s.

In truth around that time we played some dreadful football, some brilliant stuff too, under Charlton and Sgt Wilko but it was exciting times mid 80s Charltons kick and rush reviled by everyone in the media but almost effective then Wilkos superfit form of kick and rush that was successful but when our record signing was Gary Thompson i think that says a lot cos he was rubbish.

you can only be the best of your era ,going on what you are saying hirsty or waddle who were in there pomp 20 years ago wouldnt cut it today .