Olive Grove ground

I've just noticed on the very edge of the old map on the corner of Shoreham St and Cherry St is what looks like the Sheaf House Ground, this was our home from 1877 to 1880 after which we moved to BDTBL [bramall Lane] on the other side of Cherry St, we stayed there until the move to Olive Grove in 1887. On that small map there are three former grounds of The Wednesday Football Club.

Edited by lt109

I've just noticed on the very edge of the old map on the corner of Shoreham St and Cherry St is what looks like the Sheaf House Ground, this was our home from 1877 to 1880 after which we moved to BDTBL [bramall Lane] on the other side of Cherry St, we stayed there until the move to Olive Grove in 1887. On that small map there are three former grounds of The Wednesday Football Club.

Maybe even four because it is thought that the old Highfields ground was in the area of Colver Road and Highfields Place.

Maybe even four because it is thought that the old Highfields ground was in the area of Colver Road and Highfields Place.

you may well be right, though I have always believed the ground was on the site where Highfield Library now stands which is just on the very edge of the new map and just off the edge of the old map. Also the bottom of Myrtle Rd can be seen on both maps but I think our ground was higher up so off both maps