Ipswich away - Any one remember the crush? How many owls there?

I was there too was packed but can't remember a crush. Was same at leicester too but can't remember if it was same season.

I was at both games. Didn't feel any danger at ipswich but my pal had to go to the toilet where he stood.

leicester was scary though. can remember lots of fans coming in late and pushing me down the terracing behind the goal. feared the worse :duntmatter:

I must be the only one on Owlstalk who was sat in the seats at the other end of the ground.

I remember the day vividly and we set off really early, every other car on the way down the A1 were full of Wednesday.

When we eventually got to the ground, we sat in our seats which were at the other end of the ground(down the side) to where the Wednesdayites were packed into the standing areas behind the goal.

The game hadn't kicked off long and there were already incidents and fans climbing over the fence assisted by police and stewards.

After a few more minutes of this it became apparent to all us Owls in the seats that there were problems and it looked quite worrying for a time.

Eventually a lot of Owls fans were led to spare seats at the side in the same stand as us but right down to the far side next to where the incident happened. Some were led to the other side too and there were a fair few Wednesdayites to our left in the stand opposite the standing Wednesdayites who were made obvious when we scored each goal.

:Hirsty:

So infact we had fans on all four sides of the ground for all of the second half.

Seem to remember we took in excess of 7000, probably about 7,500-8,000

I remember looking at the queues for the Wednesday end and thinking we'll never get in so went to get a ticket in with the Ipswich fans. Thought I'd have to keep quiet until we scored or got a penalty - I can't remember which came first - and virtually everyone around me jumped up.