New scoreboard - Owlstalk can you sort it

Absolutely first class effort by all concerned to get the club where it is today ready for the start of a new season.

Are we missing a beat though not having a wonderful new scoreboard bringing pre-match - half-time entertainment and match highlights.

Any new stadium has a new scoreboard capable of creating colour and a different style of atmosphere creation when put alongside a fantastic sound system.

Extra advertising revenue streams surely make a new scoreboard imperative to bring Hillsborough into todays modern times and help continue the climb back towards Premieship football.

You only have to look at most people at half time and see them glued to their phone screens - we unfortunately need entertaining.

Yes ...... I know we need entertaining first and foremost on the football pitch ....... I know I know.

However I feel ..... only an opinion ... it would bring a few more people especially valued youngsters into the stadium with the added entertainment. It may light up a few of the duller winter days when / if the football isn't as good as we prefer it to be !!

Expected response : I like the old scoreboard .................. Yes its fabulous is'nt it just like our black and white televisions we all watch at home.

.. it would bring a few more people especially valued youngsters into the stadium with the added entertainment.

Am I the only one who whilst reading the rambling opening post imagined a slightly eccentric old man sat by the fire, merry after enjoying half a bottle of sherry?

Anyway, the part I've quoted is nonsense. I struggle to believe that even one person has ever had their decision of whether to go to a football match or not influenced either way by the scoreboard.

Edited by DJMortimer

But it is already in motion isn't it, or if not has gone past the basic stages?

Didn't someone on this very forum quiz Milan at the Hillsborough park event day and get favourable response?

Blimey I only posted 20 mins ago - Owlstalk works fast.

Sorry didn't know - been away for a while !! 3 months to be exact .... Great time ... didn't leave the hotel once (due to the barbed wire)

I agree wouldn't effect attendance however do believe it could show a live feed or line-Ups placed above the scoreboard rather than a replacement for the retro one we have. It would symbolise the progression forward the club is taking.

Am I the only one who whilst reading the rambling opening post imagined a slightly eccentric old man sat by the fire, merry after enjoying half a bottle of sherry?

Anyway, the part I've quoted is nonsense. I struggle to believe that even one person has ever had their decision of whether to go to a football match or not influenced either way by the scoreboard.

why are you drinking sherry at this time of day?? It'll make you imagine old men sitting by the fire !!

You claim that not one ..... not one person would be influenced by a scoreboard ......... my two girls have just said they will come to Hillsborough as soon as there is a new scoreboard to watch. (The added offer of Pizza Hut before the game and as a bonus bribe a new "build a bear" cannot be taken into consideration) Can they be the only ones??