Best goal at HIllsborough

Guest j bell

Guest bobboldersboots

No brainer.

Dalian Atkinson v Scousers(cracking sense of humour) 1989

Picked it up like a man possessed, beat 5 I think then smashed it left footed from the edge of the box.

End game.

Guest bobboldersboots

I think it was Graham Stewart.

Defo Canoville, ran half of the pitch straight from kick off in the second half

Guest wayne foster

Imre Varadi v Forest.. First game of the 1984 season I think?? Anyone got a link to a clip of it?.. Ran the length of the pitch if I remember correctly.

Remember this one. Came from their corner at lepping lanes end. Headed out to edge of area, Varadi collected and ran full length and from edge of their area tucked it in top corner.

Does anyone remember a game against Wolves (I think it was the 3-1 home win) in March '63 when I was a young kid?

They had the likes of Ron Flowers etc. and we such greats as Ron Springett, Don Megson, Pete Swan and David Layne etc.

I remember Colin Dobson had a blinder of a game and on one occasion he was out on the right, just past the halfway line by the North Stand. He flicked the ball over his head and sent Ron Flowers one way, then flicked it back over his head again and sent him the other way, he then put in a long diagonal ball towards Leppings Lane which was met by David Layne on the volley and he scored from about 35yds with his usual awesome power.

I've seen some crackers since then, but that one really made a huge impression on me.